How’s the stock market?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What other charts would you be watching with this news?

Nord Stream gas pipeline that delivers natural gas from Russia to EU has been sabotaged in multiple spots.

What depth is that leak? It looks like it took some mixed-gas diving to do that - IOW our SEALs stationed in Finland. Edit: NVMD:
1664298755824.png

This does require mixed gas and superb dive masters.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
lol

Inflation "easing" ?

Maybe that depends on how you define "easing" and your socioeconomic status/peer group.

Just wait. :roflmao:
i don't define easing - the G does that when they set the interest rate for the I-Bond, every six months. the rate is commensurate with the CPI-U, so a lower rate on the I-Bond, as forecast, could be interpreted as a perceived decline rate of inflation.

i don't think that they even consider my socioeconomic status/peer group - should they? and what should i wait for? and how long should i wait?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i don't define easing - the G does that
Yeah, the Treasury and the Fed, lol. Just like we're not in recession and the new CPI is better than the old CPI.

Do I need to mention what Bernanke said about the Fed's role? lol

i don't think that they even consider my socioeconomic status/peer group - should they? and what should i wait for? and how long should i wait?
:roflmao:

Keep acting the fool as wage workers see their purchasing power continue to plummet.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Keep acting the fool as wage workers see their purchasing power continue to plummet.
well, i was gonna do that anyway. but i never understand what point you are actually trying to make in these little exchanges, besides "the sky is falling". it's as if you don't have one, Chicken Little. :poke:

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
well, i was gonna do that anyway. but i never understand what point you are actually trying to make in these little exchanges, besides "the sky is falling". it's as if you don't have one, Chicken Little. :poke:
The difference between you and I is I like to talk economics and data.

Economics is an interesting subject to me, so what's happening, in terms of economics, is actually interesting to me.

You're more into feelings and ad hominem - like your post a few weeks back during the fool's rally hinting we had "turned a corner" and stocks were about to rebound and championing all the "gains" people had been making in their portfolio.

There is nothing more bearish for stocks than an economy built on zero/negative rates suddenly getting hit with normal rates. And we're not even normal yet.

Those zero rates were the very lifeblood of our economy and now that blood is gonna get drained. Meaning the Fed is going to either implode the entire economy to solve inflation OR institute a new QE program and stimulus and inflation is gonna go through the roof...basically going from Dollar Milkshake to byebye greenback.

So for the economy, the sky will be falling (this is a numbers game, not a feelings game) and for the people losing their jobs and the segments of the economy that will vaporize and for the collateral damage... the sky will indeed be falling. Not to mention what's going to happen to all the retirement portfolios and pension funds out there.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009

Economics is an interesting subject to me, so what's happening, in terms of economics, is actually interesting to me.

You're more into feelings and ad hominem - like your post a few weeks back during the fool's rally hinting we had "turned a corner" and stocks were about to rebound and championing all the "gains" people had been making in their portfolio.

There is nothing more bearish for stocks than an economy built on zero/negative rates suddenly getting hit with normal rates. And we're not even normal yet.

Those zero rates were the very lifeblood of our economy and now that blood is gonna get drained. Meaning the Fed is going to either implode the entire economy to solve inflation OR institute a new QE program and stimulus and inflation is gonna go through the roof...basically going from Dollar Milkshake to byebye greenback.

So for the economy, the sky will be falling (this is a numbers game, not a feelings game) and for the people losing their jobs and the segments of the economy that will vaporize and for the collateral damage... the sky will indeed be falling. Not to mention what's going to happen to all the retirement portfolios and pension funds out there.
right. we all know this. there will be pain for a while. until there isn't. some sectors will suffer and some won't. some people will suffer more than others. some people will find opportunity, particularly regard to the stock market, and some won't. some people will have to do more with less. and so on and so forth. so be it. but everyone will endure because they have to, same as always. and everyone will make do, same as always. and making do at this place and time in history is actually not a hard thing to do.

the difference between you and I is very basic: you choose to worry about the future and i do not. c'est la vie. :shrug:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
the difference between you and I is very basic: you choose to worry about the future and i do not.
I don't worry about the future because I can't do anything about it.

Those who interpret pessimistic predictions about the future as "worry" are usually worried about the predictions.

I'm not saying you are. But a lot of people can't handle it.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009

The doomsayers always come out talking about macroeconomic bullshit when it's looking grim. Thing is, they don't ever make any money. Stay invested at all times and buy the dip of the dip of the dip. His Royal Wanknes, Nouriel Roubini a.k.a Dr. Doom, is the arch priest of this faggoty cult. He has never made sh!t! Now, because the stockmarket is in the red he comes out and spells disaster. It's not a disaster, it's the fall sale on the stockmarket. 2 years from now people will think "I shoulda bought into x, y, z..." But they didn't because they were scared shitless after reading all this sh!t from doom_mugrienta.

The Western economic system is extremely flexible and will adapt and change in response to the conditions it experiences. Like a splat of spunk on the floor, you just cant't get rid of it! Other economic systems and societies are more like bricks. They will appear strong and resistant to change, but if they are subjected to sufficiently large external or internal forces, they will crumble and be irrepairable.

Last edited:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
I don't worry about the future because I can't do anything about it.

Those who interpret pessimistic predictions about the future as "worry" are usually worried about the predictions.

I'm not saying you are. But a lot of people can't handle it.
i'm glad you're not worried the sky is falling - neither am i ! we're like, simpatico, no?

incidentally, does the sky fall all at once or is it kind of a gradual thing? asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Reactions: Mr Doof

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's rather comical watching the beginnings of this crisis play out. The only thing I can figure is these guys are so accustomed to a free money 0% economy they don't have clue how to operate when things start to get real.

I'd guess the BoE pension/taxcut/QE debacle is making Wall St second guess their trust in the Fed's inflation fight...The fact the BoE already pivoted and surrendered to inflation is a real-life reminder of how central banks play it when push comes to shove thus giving a preview of the Fed's future actions.

Of course we here at the erBB have already known since the beginning the Fed is not serious about fighting inflation and will eventually pivot as well, allowing inflation to run hot and putting it on Congress to enact price controls.

And when you see Germany doing stuff like this...