How’s the stock market?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Hey, if you acted on the AMAT and ASML recommendations.......well, like I said in that other thread, you'd be foolish if you did, but richer.

YELL is up since the corporate guys bought in back around $3.80....should have tripled down then:

View attachment 134730

PS

General disclaimer time: Do your own due diligence before following any buying/selling anything you heard/read about anywhere and really go the extra step when friends or family recommend XY and Z.
I stopped looking months ago.

I need to check my stoke

My Yell is up 26 dollars today.

Yay1

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
1 Todays federal .75 % rate hike increase is good or bad or not enough for you, casa_mugrienta?
2 How goes SARK? You still in? Did I miss the brag when you sold?
1) I think plenty of materials costs have not filtered down to the consumer so expect inflation to persist at undesirable levels. Fed was already behind the ball, too late to catch up now.

2) I'm still holding a position in SARK. I have sold several times since early this year.

FWIW, do not know if .75% will tame inflation or not, but hopefully starts to slow the rate. I suppose I like the idea that consistent increases won't shock the system. Taming good, shocking not as good.
How do you control inflation > 9% with 2% rates?

Reactions: Mr Doof

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So looks like this is indeed playing out as predicted.

Powell = chickenhawk

No way will he crash the economy to get control over inflation.

It's going to be pivot/rate cuts, stimmy checks and QE.

He's going to let inflation run wild and leave it to Congress to implement price controls.

Reactions: PRCD

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Or maybe things aren’t quite as dire as many thought just a month ago?

sorry just did my first yoga class in 4 months, right on this deck. I’m feeling very zen and optimistic.
F123D2A8-E30B-4ACA-8A86-09D61EC515EE.jpeg

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Yell = my hell.

I just bought a bunch of Amz.

It's up since I bought

--stoke looser out
I've been buying bitcoin for the past couple of weeks. Every time I thought it reached bottom I had another chance to drive my cost average down a bit. It's finally started moving. It's a stupid investment overall because the fucking fees associated with it but a short ride up would be nice.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This is the beginning of a long period of economic malaise.The fed is supposed to be independent so there was nothing preventing it form being bold.
And the country is mostly held together by economic activity. People ignore their differences when the pie is increasing for everyone.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
People also used to ignore their differences more in the 90s before partisan sociopaths doubled down on “governance through division and distrust”

seriously. What if not ONE single voter turned out in any election at any level for say, 2 years. Any mandate from any partisan group no matter how loud or deranged would evaporate. And then real leaders with real ideas and willingness to roll up their sleeves and work for their bosses (that’s us, for you clowns in the back) and we just literally eliminate the current retardedly and blatantly corrupt insiders club, both repub and dem. Dump em all. Let some ambitious and passionate independents step into the void without being shut out of most races as they currently are by the pathetic excuse of a 2 party system we currently have.