How’s the stock market?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
not even some carnitas thrown in? come on
The place I had the quesadilla on Highland(?) was pretty good for me. If it's still there and the guy complains about people camping during lunch rush, re-iterate that he should go jack some 30-minute parking signs and put them on the walls next to the stool seating. Remind him people from the tri-state area are good at this kind of thing. Bonus if he understands your Spanish and afoaf's, but you have absolutely no fucking clue what afoaf is saying and afoaf has no fucking clue what you're saying.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
FAANG gets dismantled....we're down to AG as the backbone of the tech sector. good thing Amazon came in strong or tomorrow would suck worse than it might anyway

:bricks:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
FAANG gets dismantled....we're down to AG as the backbone of the tech sector. good thing Amazon came in strong or tomorrow would suck worse than it might anyway

:bricks:
My broker called me this afternoon and recommended we buy Meta/ Facebook. I passed. I think Meta as a company is going to be fine but Facebook has already turned the corner and is on its way to being myspace. I think they can get some of the social media engagement they lost through Instagram, especially with the reels feature but until AI is adopted I don't see a reason to drop a nickel there. I think there's plenty to I invest in now and can give it a look down the road.

I don't think a person can own too much Apple. They have some future home runs tee's up. Plus 10 years form now the only people that are going to be using Android are thirdworlders and Facebook users. iMessage was a stoke of genius. Texting with a green bubble is like having a lisp or a hunchback to kids today. No one wants to be green.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
My broker called me this afternoon and recommended we buy Meta/ Facebook. I passed. I think Meta as a company is going to be fine but Facebook has already turned the corner and is on its way to being myspace. I think they can get some of the social media engagement they lost through Instagram, especially with the reels feature but until AI is adopted I don't see a reason to drop a nickel there. I think there's plenty to I invest in now and can give it a look down the road.

I don't think a person can own too much Apple. They have some future home runs tee's up. Plus 10 years form now the only people that are going to be using Android are thirdworlders and Facebook users. iMessage was a stoke of genius. Texting with a green bubble is like having a lisp or a hunchback to kids today. No one wants to be green.

not sure what it is but i cant bring myself to get FB stock. Everyone goes on about how undervalued it is but it just dint sit right. completely agree about apple.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i'd pass on FB/meta/whateva as well, at the moment - the decline in daily users is like a cancer diagnosis. interesting take on the whole meta thing:

ok, boomer. :roflmao:i agree Apple is a good long term hold for a bunch of reasons but IOS is not one of them. there's really not much new in a phone anymore - are better and better cameras a solid long term strategy? not necessarily. both my 12 y/o and my 30 y/o understand full well how unnecessary it is to pay $1000 for a phone, whether it's cash or baked into a contract and the green bubble doesn't bother either one of them. Android isn't going anywhere - they have 70% of the market.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Let's switch places. I hope I'm in the first world in under 10 years. Why would you want to be in a third world country completely beats me... but maybe you got tired of fine living, I get that.
better surf in the 3rd world, maybe not for a land locked city dweller

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yes... I don't get that either.

Cool, I'm rich! Time to move to a country where I have a much higher chance of being killed. Yay!
my life is in more danger in NYC than it is in 98% of Nicaragua

I'm not moving to Brazil or Mexico. I prefer my corrupt and inept 3rd world, surf-rich warm-water kleptocracies to be relatively impotent like Ortega and his wife. He's fully senile and just a name and a photshopped portrait at this point; his wife "runs" the government, from the barricaded and heavily defended family compound in Managua. Most every Nicaraguan i have spoken to in the last several visits don't really think much about them at all, and they're just waiting for them to die. They have nearly zero mandate from the citizens.

the cartels in Mexcio, and Brazil's Junta led by Bolsonaro, seem far too powerful for my tastes . Besides, I don't speak Portuguese