How’s the stock market?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I had a nice wood bedframe and headboard from Crate & Barrel that I sold for way too cheap just to get rid of it in a hurry when my gf and I moved in together. It was a concession I made cause she wanted to keep her ikea bed that she liked. The thing squeaks like crazy in the most cliche way possible when we do the sex.
I had a nice wood bedframe and headboard from Crate & Barrel that I sold for way too cheap just to get rid of it in a hurry when my gf and I moved in together. It was a concession I made cause she wanted to keep her ikea bed that she liked. The thing squeaks like crazy in the most cliche way possible when we do the sex.
“Like” and “Ikea” are 2 words that do not belong in the same sentence, at least for people over the age of 35 who tend to keep their furniture instead of abandoning it every time they move. Your Allen wrench collection is probably epic though :beer:

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip and sdsrfr

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
“Like” and “Ikea” are 2 words that do not belong in the same sentence, at least for people over the age of 35 who tend to keep their furniture instead of abandoning it every time they move. Your Allen wrench collection is probably epic though :beer:
I made it a point in my late 20’s/early 30’s to systematically cleanse myself of all things ikea. I’ve since doubled back and there are some utilitarian things I can get at ikea that aren’t worth spending more for that come in really handy. I use and abuse dishtowels like a mad man when I cook. At one point I bought a bunch of more expensive ones. A few months and a lot of stains and burn holes later I was back to ikea dish towels. I always have a drawer full of them in rotation. Same thing with glasswear. At one point I bought nicer glasses and one by one they all broke. My ikea water glasses that cost $0.99 each are still going strong.

Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You guys are cute. Where do you buy your pretty pink panties after your west elm shopping sprees? :bricks:
same place I buy my pink couch?

I am a woodworking wonk, so I like going in to shops and pulling out drawers and sh!t
to check out joinery and materials used.

Reactions: npsp and TheEl

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I made it a point in my late 20’s/early 30’s to systematically cleanse myself of all things ikea. I’ve since doubled back and there are some utilitarian things I can get at ikea that aren’t worth spending more for that come in really handy. I use and abuse dishtowels like a mad man when I cook. At one point I bought a bunch of more expensive ones. A few months and a lot of stains and burn holes later I was back to ikea dish towels. I always have a drawer full of them in rotation. Same thing with glasswear. At one point I bought nicer glasses and one by one they all broke. My ikea water glasses that cost $0.99 each are still going strong.
For sure. An expensive nut I mean dish rag or drinking glass will break or stain just as quick a cheap one.

Mostly speaking of stuff that’s weight bearing and/or takes up a lot of visible space.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I bought 40 shares of palantir for the looooong hold. Let’s see what happens in a decade

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I bought 40 shares of palantir for the looooong hold. Let’s see what happens in a decade
Neither one of us will be any better at golf?

Although I suppose you are the only one who could get better; I am a couple (dozen) steps below where words like "better" start to apply. More like, I need some lessons if I'm going to play the day the my Dad's condo association's insurance adjuster visits.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
anyone sleeping on a purple bed?
My sister got one for her birthday from her daughter and love sit.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
anyone sleeping on a purple bed?
My sister got one for her birthday from her daughter and love sit.
It’s interesting. I’m always looking for the coldest option out there, but tried the pillow and didn’t think it was any cooler than other options. Sent it back.

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
My WSB watchlist grows

AMC
BB
CLF
CLNE
CLOV
CRSR
GME
PLTR
WISH
WKHS
I will probably grab some more WISH at some point. There is a pretty solid volume gap after 12.55 ish up to the next bag holder shelf around 18.20ish.

I missed the move on CRSR, solid company with impressive fundamentals. I have been waiting on a good dip but slept on it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I will probably grab some more WISH at some point. There is a pretty solid volume gap after 12.55 ish up to the next bag holder shelf around 18.20ish.

I missed the move on CRSR, solid company with impressive fundamentals. I have been waiting on a good dip but slept on it.
SAVA is back at it again too with some nice swing action (not a meme/wsb stock). Got back in when it corrected down to ~$40 and now it’s at $75 just a few months later :beer:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Market sliding from fears of Covid Delta variant. Well played institutions but we see you accumulating.

bb.jpg