Hovercraft 2021

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm sure you've explained it before but why the unique squared off deal in the middle of the swallowtail vs just a standard swallw?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
that sounds like the explanation of a swallow tail. what does that tail do that a swallow doesnt?
Removing the center planing surface to create the swallows on a wide tail like this - Wide deep Swallow Fish - puts more load on those tips
This flat area helps limit that , planes better with the added control of the tips .
Narrower swallows don't need this

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Seems to make it plane ever better than a swallow. More float back there. Getting caught In the white water feels like going through piwder like a snowboard Floating on top instead of bogging.
I probably have 10 boards from Greg in my quiver and find all of Greg's boards have that unique above the water feeling with great drive and the perfect teeth to go where you direct it - they just go so well for me. I spend my a lot time snowboarding (live in CO in winter) and his boards do feel like a good powder day. My winter home! she may slow but makes a great base camp! IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Well, after a couple emails back and forth with GG, I'm still not sure if its Drew glassing in Black Dart, or Drew doing regular EPS/ epoxy...
I can post your emails with my responses

First inquiry was epoxy price , no mention of Drew , which now is + 100.00

Then you asked here if Drew's Black Dart was an option - I responded yes on here

Then you emailed about your confusion on this and to verify

I'm just puttin along here , answering each question on point

Buying all those fins "Dialing" in your boards all these years may have taken its toll ;-)