Hotel Ponto!

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
A blast from the past.
When I first got my driver's license and the keys to the 65 mustang on the weekends, the first place we went exploring for surf in SD was Ponto.
When you could just park off of PCH and toss a sleeping bag on the beach.
Stay until Sunday and live off Jack in the Box (29¢ tacos and hot apple pie and vanilla shake)
Can't imagine what it looks like today.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
SBSteve said:
A blast from the past.
When I first got my driver's license and the keys to the 65 mustang on the weekends, the first place we went exploring for surf in SD was Ponto.
When you could just park off of PCH and toss a sleeping bag on the beach.
Stay until Sunday and live off Jack in the Box (29¢ tacos and hot apple pie and vanilla shake)
Can't imagine what it looks like today.
I ran a few surf contests there in the late 1970s. There was a steel gate and a sandy/cobblestone road almost to the ocean. Typical beach break back then, nothing like it is now with the jetties and sandbars.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
i read somewhere that there used to be a right reef set-up just north of where ponto is now but when they opened the lagoon the sand covered the reef. never surfed it. is that true?

captyoda

Nep status
Feb 18, 2013
North County
So that is what they are doing in the corner on the beach. That is absolutely disgusting that they are putting a douche hotel right there. Encinitas city council approved this bullshit? What a bunch of fuckin morons

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
captyoda said:
So that is what they are doing in the corner on the beach. That is absolutely disgusting that they are putting a douche hotel right there. Encinitas city council approved this bullshit? What a bunch of fuckin morons
THIS. I know and surf that area. Gross, is what comes to mind. F00ckin gross.