HOP WTR

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I feel like maybe someone started a thread about this stuff already, but I just saw an ad pop up with a surfer in it, so it would appear we are a target market.

I've finally gotten used to drinking La Croix to get my fix for when I have an urge to drink, but want to cut out the alcohol and/or sugar, but it did take some getting used to. Over the years my appetite for sugary sodas has dwindled to almost nothing, to where I only have a small soda with lunch occasionally (I only buy the 8oz cans anymore). The rest of the time its Vitamin Water (20oz is only 100 calories vs. 150 calories for a 12oz soda) or lightly sweetened Ice Tea.

That said it's cool to see a new product like this being marketed, but I cannot support their pricing, so going to assume they're trying to get some traction and then get their manufacturing costs down to lower prices.

As much as I'd like to try it, $41.88 a 12-pack is ridiculous.

Reactions: jkb and Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’ve gotten the Lagunitas with THC:CBD. Picked it up a couple times when it was on sale from my cannabis delivery service for around $5/bottle which is still pricy compared to otherwise cheaper ways to get 5mg thc and 5mg CBD. But I did enjoy it. I liked the unsweetened hoppiness of it and probably would consider buying the thc version of it if it were priced more like seltzer and less like craft beer. I’ve seen 4pks for like $12 which is just silly.

BF236917-4AA5-49D1-BCF7-B4D870A73D70.jpeg467B3B9F-0630-4870-898F-69DD79DC4A51.jpeg

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I'm pretty sure Lagunitas makes one without the CBD/Cannabis addition. I'm not sure how that impacts price points.

It may have been at Costco yesterday

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I feel like maybe someone started a thread about this stuff already, but I just saw an ad pop up with a surfer in it, so it would appear we are a target market.

I've finally gotten used to drinking La Croix to get my fix for when I have an urge to drink, but want to cut out the alcohol and/or sugar, but it did take some getting used to. Over the years my appetite for sugary sodas has dwindled to almost nothing, to where I only have a small soda with lunch occasionally (I only buy the 8oz cans anymore). The rest of the time its Vitamin Water (20oz is only 100 calories vs. 150 calories for a 12oz soda) or lightly sweetened Ice Tea.

That said it's cool to see a new product like this being marketed, but I cannot support their pricing, so going to assume they're trying to get some traction and then get their manufacturing costs down to lower prices.

As much as I'd like to try it, $41.88 a 12-pack is ridiculous.
Stop drinking soda. Period. Don’t drink it. Ever. Don’t drink diet soda either.

Vitamin Water is un-carbonated soda. Stop drinking it.

I was going to tell you to stop drinking alcohol too but people get all pissy when I say it.

Fruit juice? No. Not even a little.

Water and black coffee or un-sweetened tea.

You’ll be leaner and feel better.

You want to get high because you feel like sh!t. You feel like sh!t because you put sh!t into your body.

Or just ignore all of the above.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
You want to get high because you feel like sh!t. You feel like sh!t because you put sh!t into your body.
uh, no.

when i used to get high, i got high because i liked being high.

then after many years of getting high because i liked being high, i got bored of being high.

but i still got high because i had the urge to get high, even though i was over being high.

thats called a habit. i had developed a habit of getting high.

so i stopped getting high because i was socialized to believe that habits are bad.

now i sometimes miss getting high, but not all that much or that often

besides at least for now i have the erbb. eventually it will go away and once again i will miss being high

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Stop drinking soda. Period. Don’t drink it. Ever. Don’t drink diet soda either.

Vitamin Water is un-carbonated soda. Stop drinking it.

I was going to tell you to stop drinking alcohol too but people get all pissy when I say it.

Fruit juice? No. Not even a little.

Water and black coffee or un-sweetened tea.

You’ll be leaner and feel better.

Or just ignore all of the above.
I mostly quit wine. Since mid December I've been on a mission to lose weight. Only special occasions now for wine.. I dropped 15 pounds of flab around my midsection.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I mostly quit wine. Since mid December I've been on a mission to lose weight. Only special occasions now for wine.. I dropped 15 pounds of flab around my midsection.
Alcohol is the worst of the worst. Fat around the mid section (liver) it lowers your testosterone and your body turns it all into sugar which spikes insulin and triggers you to eat shitty foods.

Also tons of calories with zero nutritional value.

Beer runs around 200-400 calories per 12oz.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
uh, no.

when i used to get high, i got high because i liked being high.

then after many years of getting high because i liked being high, i got bored of being high.

but i still got high because i had the urge to get high, even though i was over being high.

thats called a habit. i had developed a habit of getting high.

so i stopped getting high because i was socialized to believe that habits are bad.

now i sometimes miss getting high, but not all that much or that often

besides at least for now i have the erbb. eventually it will go away and once again i will miss being high
I was referring to grown ass men in their 40s, 50s, 60s...who can’t stand the thought of not having a drink Or smoking weed.

I’m in the same boat as you. I did all the drugs and drank all the booze. Got board of the drugs, needed help to quit the booze.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I'm not drinking this month.
I'm trying to not drink as much in general since my workout program is impacted by injury.
I could see the appeal of a really good non alc beer. I still like the taste of beer. Call me crazy.

Reactions: jkb

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
If you want to make your own expensive hop water, go online to a home brewer supply store.

Buy 'hop extract'.

There are probably a lot of different types available now-a-days.

Add to your bubbly water a few drops at a time. Actually, add it to a dry cup first and add the bubbly water next....I am sure there is an amount at which more extract added does very little to improve taste and aroma.

You can do this with super cheap beer and make it smell like a 'fresh hop' beer, but alas, the body and taste won't match the nose.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
If you want to make your own expensive hop water, go online to a home brewer supply store.

Buy 'hop extract'.

There are probably a lot of different types available now-a-days.

Add to your bubbly water a few drops at a time. Actually, add it to a dry cup first and add the bubbly water next....I am sure there is an amount at which more extract added does very little to improve taste and aroma.

You can do this with super cheap beer and make it smell like a 'fresh hop' beer, but alas, the body and taste won't match the nose.

Somebody want to make some money? Develop hops packs for Kuerig. Alternatively, put em in tea bags.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I'm on the Duffy program. No alcohol since August 2020. Never drink soda or other sugary drinks.

I'm sure you all never heard of seamoss, but I do drink that. Good stuff! Loaded with minerals.

Also like to make homeade Komboucha. We keep dem scobies poppin! Good stuff!

And then we make our own bush teas which is big here in the Caribbean. Things like lemongrass, basil, cats claw, sorrel etc. Blend in some fresh starfruit and wowzas!

As for the healing herbs. Still very much a fan. But I grow my own flowers so that especially contributes to the enjoyment. Just like my homegrown fruits, veggies, and roots which are much more enjoyable to eat than the store bought kind.

Reactions: sizzld1 and Mr Doof

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I don't drink anymore. Everything Duffy is saying is spot on.

Now weed... I have access to free, outdoor grown sativas of the highest quality grown down the street with zero pesticides, etc. I find I need very little -- like one hit -- to stay high for hours. And professionally I follow a modified version of the Hemingway dictum: ""Write stoned, edit sober."

No smoking before I surf though

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I always figured most sugary drink habits are formed from a young age. I had no soda or juices in the house and no drink orders when eating out, either. water water water.

that beer water looks gross AF.