Homegrown Surfboards

PLJ

Jul 10, 2020
I just did a minor restoration to a board from a builder I know nothing about...

Here's the logo...

Homegrown Surfboards - framed.jpeg
...I was told the board, a 6'8" SF pin-winger, was bought in Ventura...

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: Northern_Shores

GWS_2

Michael Peterson status
Aug 3, 2019
If thats the fairly recent recent Ventura label I am thinking of, he went out of business 4-5 years ago? Haven’t seen him in awhile. I did design work and cutting for him. I probably had something to do with that board, for better or worse. Probably still have the file.

PLJ

Jul 10, 2020
If thats the fairly recent recent Ventura label I am thinking of, he went out of business 4-5 years ago? Haven’t seen him in awhile. I did design work and cutting for him. I probably had something to do with that board, for better or worse. Probably still have the file.
Looked late '70's early '80's...The dings were old...The foam had been exposed for a while...Lots of bumps and bruises... No fatal flaws...

I sanded and re-glassed the bottom w/4oz and epoxy... Deck got sanded and one coat of epoxy... Watertight was the only request...

Love that logo...
I do work for Homegrown Trailers...

GWS_2

Michael Peterson status
Aug 3, 2019
If it is in fact that old, it's a different label. There have probably been a number of HG Surfboards labels over the years. This guy liked retro boards, and he had a surf shop in Ventura. Home Grown Surf Shop. You leave a board out in the back yard for a couple of years and it can age surprisingly fast. I don't know. I think he called it quits around 2015 maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: PLJ

toowalled

OTF status
Jul 3, 2014
Hey gws did you cut the homegrown mini simmons boards? I had one of those was real fun