Home security cameras - have they helped?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Every time I've stayed in a VRBO I've always wondered if they have cams watching.
Do you think they do?
I looked everywhere but didn't see anything that might be a cam but who knows.
I don't have any at my place but sounds like maybe I should.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
You're on vacation surfing the Canary Islands and you're on the erBB posting about security camera? Put down the phone and get back to living the dream!

• Haha
Reactions: Autoprax

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
You're on vacation surfing the Canary Islands and you're on the erBB posting about security camera? Put down the phone and get back to living the dream!
look at the date, you're quick to assume but slow to realize

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think we're about to get a couple cameras on our yard front/back via wireless. Ive been wanting to do it, because although we feel secure, i leave boars and suits out all the time, kayaks, fishing stuff lawn tools decor and vehicles. We have had some sketchy people come around lately and we're getting older. Plus, it's doable these days so finally gonna do it.
Any recommendations here?
I looked online at the wyze cams but it seems too good to be true at the advertised prices.
Not as crucial as a coffemaker, but what do you know of all this?
I have Nest cameras. I’m satisfied with them. Video quality is excellent in the day time. Night vision quality could be better.

If you run them on high def and use their backup feature (saves the footage for you) make sure you have unlimited data from you internet provider.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Every time I've stayed in a VRBO I've always wondered if they have cams watching.
Do you think they do?
I looked everywhere but didn't see anything that might be a cam but who knows.
I don't have any at my place but sounds like maybe I should.
I have a rental that has a camera that sees the front stoop and sidewalk. All of my renters are made aware of it. If they ask me to turn it off I will. Nobody has. Everyone seems to appreciate it actually.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
I use the free version : Old android phone & free app.
Turn on when expecting a delivery, for convenience but you could use it for security.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I think we're about to get a couple cameras on our yard front/back via wireless. Ive been wanting to do it, because although we feel secure, i leave boars and suits out all the time, kayaks, fishing stuff lawn tools decor and vehicles. We have had some sketchy people come around lately and we're getting older. Plus, it's doable these days so finally gonna do it.
Any recommendations here?
I looked online at the wyze cams but it seems too good to be true at the advertised prices.
Not as crucial as a coffemaker, but what do you know of all this?

Reactions: TeamScam

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
That looks good.^^
My cat is getting older too but others still make thier rounds and try to skeeze-in on her turf, her people, not to mention once i **** in my wetsuits which I put off as long as possible, neighbors cat(s) will invariably come around and spray to top the scent.
I try to bring em in but there is not much else i can do, last year they got me in my pickup bed

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
I got a couple of the $20 Wyze cameras. They work great but the one time I really needed the front door camera because a package was missing, the camera was accidentally unplugged. It ended up that the postman delivered it to the wrong address so I got it after a couple of weeks.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
people around here don't pick up after their dogs

I fantasize about getting cameras and printing up Most Wanted posters to spam the neighborhood with

I know this may seem petty, but I find it extremely offensive when people leave sh!t on my stoop

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
I grabbed a few Ring battery operated ones, and a couple that require an outlet, for my laboratory. We kept getting false alarms in the middle of the night, and this is a quick way to decide on sending the police or fire department. Super easy to set up, and inexpensive to store footage remotely.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
IP Webcam by Pavel Khlebovich. Been using it for a few years with no real issues.
You'll need the phone plugged into electric as it uses the battery up on video all the time - unless its just for an hour or so.
Edit: I uninstall everything I can from the old phones if its just being a dedicated security camera, speeds them up remarkably.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
people around here don't pick up after their dogs

I fantasize about getting cameras and printing up Most Wanted posters to spam the neighborhood with

I know this may seem petty, but I find it extremely offensive when people leave sh!t on my stoop
I live on what I call dog sh!t alley. Hundreds of dogs sh!t in front of the pad. I don't get how people can leave it.

I step out of the pad onto the sidewalk and stepped in it on the way to work. I just threw the shoe in the trash. I didn't want to clean

I'm not even down with them shitting and then picking it up.

#outlawdogs :dancing: