Home gym gear review thread

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Minimizing equipment is good also:

The fact is, my home gym was expensive. It also takes up space for my boars.

Good exercise library here:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
echo bike is pretty amazing for surfing cardio.
That wasn't out when we bought the AirDyne, but I would've gotten it if it was. I hate cardio but it seems like I should do moar.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
same boat. i use it to warmup before lifting then do more after lifting. fkng brutal. spandex for less chaffe
I might start sporting more spandex. I saw a dude proudly sporting a fanny pack the other day in the grocery store. Seems like all the '80s trends are coming back.

Reactions: Havoc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
BTW if you are looking for a good leg burn that requires practically no equipment cost, start doing Bulgarian Split Squats. I do them on deadlift day and the burn is pretty good. Not a substitute for a proper squat day, but still solid

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
BTW if you are looking for a good leg burn that requires practically no equipment cost, start doing Bulgarian Split Squats. I do them on deadlift day and the burn is pretty good. Not a substitute for a proper squat day, but still solid
I do them for hypertrophy. The pistol squat progressions on the Red Delta Project channel left me burning. You can eventually progress to the shrimp squat. He has a good video on sissy squats as well. T-nation has a couple of landmine sissy squat variations: facing fwd and facing back. Landmine hack squats give the burn real good. I can't get the quad burn with regular high bar squats.

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Spud Inc door jammer looks pretty kewl:

Seems like it could use some enhancements to do double arm exercises like chest and added pulleys to change the line of drive. Something like this, but Spudified:
1613681314050.png
Caption: this gal has the right idea.

DIY quad blaster. I don't care what anyone says this is a great quad exercise:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
i just do barbell squats
I find that these don't work for leg development on me at all. My legs are too long and I'm not upright at all when I do them, even with a high bar. Conseuqently, I'm mostly using my hips and glutes to get out of the hole and up. I front squat for strength/low reps. For quad development I use other exercises at high reps.

I'm not training for strength at this time. I'm training for the "health look."

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I find that these don't work for leg development on me at all. My legs are too long and I'm not upright at all when I do them, even with a high bar. Conseuqently, I'm mostly using my hips and glutes to get out of the hole and up. I front squat for strength/low reps. For quad development I use other exercises at high reps.

bulgarian split squats for quad specific. I do them on DL day and they help my squat.

Also- take a video of yourself squatting. Make sure you are actually getting at least a cm below parallel. Most people think they are but they aren't.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

u trying to get back in the dating game or st?