Home gym gear review thread

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’ve learned all I need is: a bar and weight, and some rubber horse stall mat and plywood to protect my garage floor. So that’s my garage gym gear review.

I quit my gym membership and slowly accumulated Olympic bar plates/weights as I‘ve come across since they’re so hard to find for a reasonable price these days. I was mainly doing squats and bench press at the gym but now I don’t have garage space for a bench or rack and have learned I’m satisfied doing deadlifts, power cleans, overhead press, rows—or some variations. I’m enjoying the minimalism/simplicity. I’ve hit PRs for deadlift and press, which has been keeping me motivated to train more, and I just do some power cleans and rows for extra exercise. I still surf every chance I can, to keep it surf related.
That will make you slow and musclebound.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I bought cheap racks from china that didn't come.

They refunded my money and then the order came.

I told them and they said they weren't going to charge me

Honest guys finish first!

It's really nice for over head presses. IT makes it super convenient.

They are a really good shoulder and t-spine mobliizer.

I notice if I don't smoke my shoulders, this exersise helps paddling.

I'm just trying to go out back all day and do a couple of reps.

I like that the equipment is sketchy because it makes me careful. That is the best safety device.

Reactions: tacos

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’ve learned all I need is: a bar and weight, and some rubber horse stall mat and plywood to protect my garage floor. So that’s my garage gym gear review.

I quit my gym membership and slowly accumulated Olympic bar plates/weights as I‘ve come across since they’re so hard to find for a reasonable price these days. I was mainly doing squats and bench press at the gym but now I don’t have garage space for a bench or rack and have learned I’m satisfied doing deadlifts, power cleans, overhead press, rows—or some variations. I’m enjoying the minimalism/simplicity. I’ve hit PRs for deadlift and press, which has been keeping me motivated to train more, and I just do some power cleans and rows for extra exercise. I still surf every chance I can, to keep it surf related.
You got a pull up bar?

Pull ups are such a great exercise.

I would use bands to do high reps and weight around the waist to do low reps.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
You got a pull up bar?

Pull ups are such a great exercise.

I would use bands to do high reps and weight around the waist to do low reps.
I don’t, unfortunately. I did them when I had a gym membership. Bent-over rows have replaced pull ups for me.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Every time you pick up and carry heavy things,
an Angel gets its wings.
Wearing the vest makes me feel like a dog getting a collar for the first time.
Somewhere Dan John is smiling.
132356F8-6A1E-4458-898A-FA42F5D61B71.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kpd73

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
i love my setup. echo bike is money. power rack, bench, and barbells used multiple sessions per week. online coaching. radness.
We have the AirDyne. Looks like Schwinn went out of business? Rogue is turnign into a juggernaut. Spud Inc and Sorinex are doomed.

What does your coach have you doing?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We have the AirDyne. Looks like Schwinn went out of business? Rogue is turnign into a juggernaut. Spud Inc and Sorinex are doomed.

What does your coach have you doing?
Schwinn is still in business. Bought out by Bowflex. Ordered a bike for the lady but it took too long so I canceled it. Ordered an Assault Bike instead.

Took order of a REP 3x3 power rack a few weeks ago. Loving it.

B6B0A76A-29B7-4763-AC02-760DDEBBA4BF.jpeg

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Motivation:
We are constantly bombarded with useless jargon from pundits and losers who look like they haven't seen the sunlight in several months. People with bags under their eyes from never-ending leering at the blue light emitted from their computer and phone screens; their bodies loosely resembling a malnourished ghoul that crawled out from under a sink hole in a lithium-ion waste dump, held together and powered by Ritalin and iced coffee. I look at them and think—what insight could these people possibly have to offer me? They are clueless! These people have no credibility, because they don’t pass the most important test. These people don't lift. They aren’t on the daily iron grind. They don't hit PR’s. They haven’t developed the unceasing hunger of progress like lifters have. Lifters put more weight on the bar, perform more reps, practice progressive overload—this is the true progress which shriveled up laptop progressives don’t understand.
Do you even lift?