Home gym gear review thread

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
So you can all sleep again, I back-squatted tonight with more of a Tom Platz style which was easier on my hips, kept me more upright, and better for my QUADZ. My feet were quite narrow. I have long legs.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I find myself using the JC Predator bands less and less. If you want to do bodybuilding moves for, you know, "the health look," the regular-size Rogue bands work fine. I'll probably get a couple of Spud Inc. door jammers and take my Rogue bands train when I'm on the road. Some of the Spud handles are expensive.

I have the gym rings attached to the pull-up bar in the rack for my wife and they're in the way. The Spud Inc suspension trainer seems like something you can put up and take down and adjust a lot more quickly, but it's 'spensive.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
@Havoc The Red Delta Project's best suspension trainer. Suspension trainers were INVENTED BY A NAVY SEAL. I figured you were looking for more RING TRAINING info so I'll leave this here:

• Wow
Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
platform, power rack, barbell, weights, bench, and echo bike, online coaching best investment ever.
consistent training through the pandemic. added 30+ lbs to my squat total, 70 lbs to my dl. while everyone else got fat, i was gettin swole

next year will get an incline bench, sandwich j-cups, and strap safeties. maybe a curl bar brahs for flexin at da beach.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
platform, power rack, barbell, weights, bench, and echo bike, online coaching best investment ever.
consistent training through the pandemic. added 30+ lbs to my squat total, 70 lbs to my dl. while everyone else got fat, i was gettin swole

next year will get an incline bench, sandwich j-cups, and strap safeties. maybe a curl bar brahs for flexin at da beach.
Yeah I hate the pin safeties.

Reactions: Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The blast straps I posted above work really well for banging out several different assistance lifts in a hurry or for hypertrophy. I made them with 1" PVC. I filed the inside and outside corners of the PVC and wrapped them in athletic tape. For the door anchors, use this:
1615989869744.png

These are light and great for travel - much better than gym rings. Under $20 and 20 minutes of work to DIY. Much cheaper than other solutions.

Last edited:

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Bought this the other day:

Good price and seems good enough quality— there are videos on YouTube of people testing it with 800 lbs loaded on (I’ll never even get halfway there).
The nice thing about having an actual rack instead of just a stand is you can add those pulley exercises, pull-ups, and use the pins and the bench for Nordic curls. Your rack honestly seems fine. If you are crushed under a max bench attempt if the pins give out, we'll know it wasn't.

Reactions: tacos