Holyshitbonkers

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Kento said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
Yeah, those people who sit in the center and never make any decisions or want to affect any change do have life a lot harder

The people who have the hardest life are those who don't have any real opinions to themselves and instead just act like a contrarian about everything.
You don't have to be mindless to avoid swinging from the poles. In fact, you might find that far more thought goes on in the center than the extremes.
Are you trying to say that Antifa and the Blood and Soil screamers aren't putting thought into their positions? :drowning:
Crazy, huh?

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
ifallalot said:
bird. said:
I wouldn't want people to talk about it if I was in the pro-Trump camp either. Would be hard to continue reading stuff like this and not feel like a complete dumbass myself.

I mean, these guys have moved the goalposts so far that not brining on the apocalypse will be considered a win :socrazy:
Hard to continue reading stuff like that?

I think you're misreading who this stuff affects and who it doesn't

No one GAF besides the hysterical left
Well, Dipshit definitely seems to care. The above article is about how he and most of his senior staff staged a private press conference for one NY Mag reporter, just to try to get her to write something positive about him. :roflmao:

And then, she chose to just write about the bonkers private press conference. :roflmao:

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
Yeah, those people who sit in the center and never make any decisions or want to affect any change do have life a lot harder

The people who have the hardest life are those who don't have any real opinions to themselves and instead just act like a contrarian about everything.
You don't have to be mindless to avoid swinging from the poles. In fact, you might find that far more thought goes on in the center than the extremes.
I agree. I posit that people who swing to extremes base their opinions on emotion rather than rational thought.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Autoprax said:
Mr Doof said:
1whoknows said:
Trump is not bad or good. No president is. The president doesnt matter. The person driving the garbage truck has more important in your life.
Our trashman ran over the sign in the street that informs people not to drive the wrong way.

The retired cop across the street got it on video. Said he'd get them to fix it.

I got tired of waiting for someone to fix it, so I took care of it on the cheap.

Probably will come down in the 2nd good storm we have...didn't set it in concrete properly...just dug out the hole, fussed with the broken up concrete, get the pole in the ground well enough, then filled it back in with dirt from the traffic island..
pics or it didn't happen.
'Before' photo from GoogleEarth Streetview...green so you know it had to be in winter/spring:

Will get 'After' photo showing my fine post hole digging skills this weekend.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
DerDer said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:

I agree. I posit that people who swing to extremes base their opinions on emotion rather than rational thought.
Wrong. The rational thought is always there, knowing that unless something truly apocalyptic has happened (take for example Post-WWI Germany), that the two extremes will eventually meet in the middle when policy is enacted.

Swinging to the extremes is the only way to force conversation and action, hanging on the middle results in status quo that degrades and rots

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mr Doof said:
Autoprax said:
Mr Doof said:
1whoknows said:
Trump is not bad or good. No president is. The president doesnt matter. The person driving the garbage truck has more important in your life.
Our trashman ran over the sign in the street that informs people not to drive the wrong way.

The retired cop across the street got it on video. Said he'd get them to fix it.

I got tired of waiting for someone to fix it, so I took care of it on the cheap.

Probably will come down in the 2nd good storm we have...didn't set it in concrete properly...just dug out the hole, fussed with the broken up concrete, get the pole in the ground well enough, then filled it back in with dirt from the traffic island..
'Before' photo from GoogleEarth Streetview...green so you know it had to be in winter/spring:

:jam_on:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Disagree. There’s very little conversation between the extremes, and even less coming to agreement somewhere in the middle. The most emotionally driven people, both here and outside, are on the extremes.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
manbearpig said:
Disagree. There’s very little conversation between the extremes, and even less coming to agreement somewhere in the middle. The most emotionally driven people, both here and outside, are on the extremes.
Conversation between the extremes doesn't matter, its the way the extremes push the conversation for the middle that matters

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I see your point, but there is a point where the extremes get to far. Hence we have groups like Antifa, unite the right, etc and those extremes taking it beyond screaming at each other and picket signs. Those extremes can’t keep pushing against each other and moving further apart indefinitely with the sole outcome of driving the conversation in the middle.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Autoprax said:
Mr Doof said:
Autoprax said:
Mr Doof said:
1whoknows said:

:jam_on:
And fixed!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
manbearpig said:
Conversation between the extremes doesn't matter, its the way the extremes push the conversation for the middle that matters
That used to be the case, but the extremes are so extreme now that there are no conversations towards the middle. Otherwise, we'd have Obamacare fixed and not repeatedly on the chopping block. We'd have had better tax reform. We'd have DACA solved and a more workable immigration system in place. We'd have quickly fixed NAFTA. We'd not have life-or-death politics over SCOTUS nominations and we'd have more centrist judges appointed.