Hmmm, Who is Surprised?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The Jacobin still has not accepted women and blacks are allowed to vote.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: $kully

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The other message board I post on used to be frequented by one of the higher-ups at Jacobin, he still is at Jacobin, I think.

When Trump was elected, a bunch of people, including him, left immediately and without warning. Their posts actually deleted, the "nuclear option" it was called because it fucked with the ability to search past threads. They actually though they were important enough that Trump might use the DOJ to silence them. LOLZ.

I'm not a fan of the magazine.

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Since his retirement from politics, Bozo has displayed an astonishing lack of regard for the public good. Instead of serving his fellow human beings, he has mainly devoted himself to a rigorous program of conspicuous self-celebration and grifting money from his stupid suckers."

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
When you get a lit degree you study this:

I blame my French teacher (hey there, Madam Herrick) for me thinking of this first.

The Society of the Friends of the Constitution (French: Société des amis de la Constitution), renamed the Society of the Jacobins, Friends of Freedom and Equality (Société des Jacobins, amis de la liberté et de l'égalité) after 1792 and commonly known as the Jacobin Club (Club des Jacobins) or simply the Jacobins (/ˈdʒækəbɪn/; French: [ʒakɔbɛ̃]), was the most influential political club during the French Revolution of 1789. The period of its political ascendancy includes the Reign of Terror, during which time well over ten thousand people were put on trial and executed in France, many for political crimes.

Initially founded in 1789 by anti-royalist deputies from Brittany, the club grew into a nationwide republican movement, with a membership estimated at a half million or more.[2] The Jacobin Club was heterogeneous and included both prominent parliamentary factions of the early 1790s, The Mountain and the Girondins.[4] In 1792–1793, the Girondins were more prominent in leading France when they declared war on Austria and on Prussia, overthrew King Louis XVI, and set up the French First Republic. In May 1793 the leaders of the Mountain faction led by Maximilien Robespierre succeeded in sidelining the Girondin faction and controlled the government until July 1794. Their time in government featured high levels of political violence, and for this reason the period of the Jacobin/Mountain government is identified as the Reign of Terror. In October 1793, 21 prominent Girondins were guillotined. The Mountain-dominated government executed 17,000 opponents nationwide, as a way to suppress the Vendée insurrection and the Federalist revolts and to deter recurrences. In July 1794 the National Convention pushed the administration of Robespierre and his allies out of power and had Robespierre and 21 associates executed. In November 1794 the Jacobin Club closed.