History / Memories of the erBB

LBInjSurfer

Michael Peterson status
Apr 25, 2002
Maritime Forest, NJ
I remember Knowaves? I think that was his name.. Was he in Japan or South Korea?

Guardrail, Punkrockvixn, GBG, and Groovn became friends of mine. GBG let me crash at his house when I was living out of my car and I've seen Groovn a couple times in his neck of the North woods. BR loaned me a longboard during my initial visit to SD County. TFD was always nice to me when I stopped into SurfySurfy. He even let me sleep in my car in the back of the shop and then hooked me up with the parking space behind Moonlight Glassing. Memories I will never forget.

I recall being one of the few people who would post East coast photos.

PPK, SurfCat, Nep are all legends.

How about the saga (discovery?) of P-Pass with Pepe. Also, the guy whose brother was freighter hopping the South Pacific and met up with Chuck Corbett.

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
and chocolate cake...
:roflmao:

wasn’t it “chawklit cak”. ?:socrazy:

kento, wasn’t it you who took that pic
of smack? at pizza port, i think...

the guy from the dominican republic
called it a “cornpipe”, which for some
reason i thought was some filthy term
i wasn’t familiar with...

has anyone mentioned ‘poster’?
best handle.
he was pretty great! :applause2:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
:roflmao:

wasn’t it “chawklit cak”. ?:socrazy:

kento, wasn’t it you who took that pic
of smack? at pizza port, i think...

the guy from the dominican republic
called it a “cornpipe”, which for some
reason i thought was some filthy term
i wasn’t familiar with...

has anyone mentioned ‘poster’?
best handle.
he was pretty great! :applause2:
Was it Waterbaby who took the photo? Good memory; that was the Pizza Port in Solana Beach. I know at least me GD, GEO, and Smackdaddy were in that photo and we were all photoshopped. However, SmackDaddy got extraordinarily butthurt about it and naturally got repeatedly spanked like his avatar as a result. I am pretty sure Keenfish (Big_Wave_Dave) is holding the goods and largely responsible for the torment.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Couple of fun memories for me...

I used to be way more of a dickhead than I am now and got in all sort of unpleasant arguments with other posters who were also total dickheads. One day when Spray92109 and I were taking a break from being mutual dickheads to each other he mentioned something that was going on outside his office. I looked out of my office window at the same event. Turns out we were co-workers! So we went for a surf and caught one of the better SD breaks empty for about a half hour EARLY in the morning and quit being dickheads to each other after that. Just for the record, I am a better surfer than Spray92109, but he is a bigger dickhead ;)

Another fun thing was chatting back and forth with SDGirl for a few months before realizing that she was one of my best friend's girlfriends. Learned some really interesting things about my buddy before the veil of anonimity was pierced. That was a long time ago. Now she is his wife. Looking forward to seeing them and their kids next week and maybe even catching a few waves with them.

And of course, last but not least, surfing with GEO and hanging at the hut. Met @gbg there at the hut and ran into him on the OB pier one other time where he was teaching his kid how to identify and call out the kooks below. Fun times.

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
...However, SmackDaddy got extraordinarily butthurt about it and naturally got repeatedly spanked like his avatar as a result. I am pretty sure Keenfish (Big_Wave_Dave) is holding the goods and largely responsible for the torment.

cornpipe inserted!

:dancing:

the betty page avi...:jamon:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The Alma era was epic.

Knice's photos that often seemed to look like mediocre Torrey Pines State Beach were funny