Hip Pain

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Getting old is sooo much fun Anyway started developing hip pain, not too bad yet but not heading in the right direction. Anybody have any advice besides the Ortho and MRI?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Look up hip flexor stuff as well. I use a pull up bar and put one foot through the handle of a kettlebell and do knee raises.

Reactions: mundus

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Both my hips suck.

My left was so bad I couldn't stand up on a surfboard a few years ago.

Constantly had issues both anterior and laterally.

I do weighted side lying hip raises, weighted clamshells, weighted internal rotation, monsterwalks, and crabwalks every other day.

This has helped keep my hips strong and reduced most of the pain.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
quickly.

It's primarily touted as an exercise for the knee, but it pretty much eliminated my hip pain. Probably due to the flexibility aspects of the squat.

and...

My hip x-rays as a mess. If I do the above stuff, no pain. I just did a hundred kicks each leg into a heavy bag. No problem. Surfing doesn't hurt. I was told a couple of years ago I need another surgery. Hard for me to sign up for major surgery when I have almost no pain.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
They were just kidding. The real answer is try being build different that a middle aged lady.

You're welcome.
A lean 5'9" 160. Wrong as always Von Menstrual. The Low T keyboard toughguy always has to be a dickhead.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Shut up fat ass, only one of us is enough of a pussy to run to Dr for T replacement.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So you're mr potent guy. I bet your girlfriend/mom really gets you going. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Good one stupid! Your online toughguy act reeks of insecurity, so impressive! Talking sh!t about families just like the white trash you are.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Thanks, never did much weights, for the squats what kind and how heavy should the weights be for a rookie?
How old? Now's the time to start.

I never did until I was out for 6 months with back pain. Now I'm on the program for life. Too much scientific evidence supporting it. I probably don't do enough- either intensity or frequency, but anything is better than nothing. I was about to do some lifting just now, but checked the surf forecast. Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be trashed so I decided I'll do it on Monday after surfing. Because I don't do it often enough I generally have two days of DOMS that negatively impacts my surfing, thus the programming decision.

I didn't start until the acute backpain was over. I'm sure if your pain is not acute you could start with an olympic bar (45 lbs) and 2 ten pound bumper plates. That's what I started with.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How old? Now's the time to start.

I never did until I was out for 6 months with back pain. Now I'm on the program for life. Too much scientific evidence supporting it. I probably don't do enough- either intensity or frequency, but anything is better than nothing. I was about to do some lifting just now, but checked the surf forecast. Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be trashed so I decided I'll do it on Monday after surfing. Because I don't do it often enough I generally have two days of DOMS that negatively impacts my surfing, thus the programming decision.

I didn't start until the acute backpain was over. I'm sure if your pain is not acute you could start with an olympic bar (45 lbs) and 2 ten pound bumper plates. That's what I started with.
50 still paddling probably about 10 miles a week, plus surfing whenever there are waves, gonna get back on the swim tip as soon as the water hits 50. Been working Demo/laborer for the last few years and it is starting to take a toll. Was always anti weights but guess I have to start. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Mr J