Hip flexor injury?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
took me about a year of steady PT to figure out tricks to deal with various aches and pains. if you don't deal with it, as said above, it'll just turn into an injury.

found my own routines that seemingly reset my hip alignment and I'm good to go. if not, I turn into a 90yr old man getting out of bed or off the couch.

figure out what's out of wack, focus on fixing that, and other aches and pains will also go away.

don't stop moving and don't over stretch/extend an injured area.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Indeed the soft tissue engineering of the hip is complex and many factors can be the cause of chronic pain. Having an orthopedic surgeon, physiatrist, physical therapist, or trusted primary care doc who really listens carefully, takes a thorough history, and does a guided physical exam can often help to pinpoint the problem and get you on a good treatment plan.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Or it's not. LOL

Talked to an orthopedist yesterday who is ready to schedule me for surgery on my hip. I finally got in to see my PT in person a few weeks back. After doing a quick ROM test on my hips, he suggested I get an XRAY just to rule out misdiagnosing a hip issue as referred pain from my back surgery. The Xray confirmed that there is some break down of cartilage/ragged bony growth/arthritis in the hip joint and the head of the femur has deformed enough to merit potential surgery. I'm getting an MRI on Friday which will likely confirm some labrum tears as well.

We'll see. PT has been going really well. The more I move and work out, the better my hip and back feel. To the point where I almost feel able to get in the water. But the hip is achey and annoying. Combined with the pain in the back of my leg, it's still impossible to run or jump.

Almost exactly like surfadelphia..

More or less, this

Post MRI showed the expected labrum tear.

I think I'm going to do the surgery after christmas.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have had recurring pain in my hip area for over a year. Talked with a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip replacement. He said mine is not the hip. Try doing stretches for Sciatica.

When I do the stretches, especially before and after a surf, I am pain-free. If I don't the pain returns.
VonMeister says stretching bad, so u must be wrong. Hahaha. Guy is clueless.