Hip 2.0 - Advice Request!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm looking forward to hearing what you learn about this.

I have spinal damage and a paralyzed foot.

The glutei work is really helping me move better.

By isolating the glutei, I've been able to hammer the sh!t out of it without irritating the spine, the damaged nerves and the lower leg.

This one was the game changer for me with my injury.

http://instagr.am/p/BszbOCqHtVg/
It also allowed me to start dead lifting again and squatting (albeit, super light weight) again without my leg going numb.

So I suspect that the key is to find what doesn't hurt to work your glutei and Hammer then sh!t out of it.

And this will have a carry over effect.

That seems really reasonable to me.

What doesn't hurt me, might hurt someone who has a messed up knee.

One might be able to do this with a bum knee.

http://instagr.am/p/B6TvqrTBQPD/
The goal is to get to where you can move a heavy load in a way that doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

A lot of people claim this machine cured their back problems. Serious power lifting people. I believe it was invented by the owner of the notorious Westside Barbell club. Probably the hardest core power lifting gym in the country. I've never tried one, most of the time I have no back pain anymore. I believe there is a doc on Netflix about the Westside Barbell club that goes into this machine. Guys were crippled up and thought they were done and would up going on to set national PL records. The doc is a pretty good look into the sick and dysfunctional world of competitive power lifting. The same gym has strength athletes from all over the world interviewing to get in. (not a gym where you just joint up).

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You, sir, are a wealth of good insight and information. I 've had pain after any vigorous activity for a very long time. I thought it was mainly my knee(s) which I was convinced were the main cause of this decades long discomfort. As with many young men, I tore my knees up playing football before I discovered surfing. I had no clue my hip could or would affect my knees and ankles so much. I've just endured any pain Motrin couldn't ease all this time. I've never been able to take opiates. This whole hip problem came as a surprise. I'll be looking for that Dr who "gets" what I'm expecting and can give me a great prediction of the post op results. I'm setting up my first Dr interview today. I'll make sure I interview at least 3 Dr's. Thanks again.
I wish you all the best. I soaked up way too much pain for way too long because I was terrified of the surgery and was convinced my life would be over. At least over for the things I loved doing. The last thing I am going to say here is the Docs that do the posterior approach would, without exception, NOT guarantee me that I would not dislocate during athletic activity. Coming in from the rear they are cutting through the biggest muscles in your body. If they use an anterior approach, they are going through very little to get joint. Do your research and find the right guy. I know somebody who dislocated in the water (It was surfing huge surf). He had his heel hitting him in the back of the head as he attempted to stay afloat post dislocation. He almost died. My Doc told me my hip would handle anything the rest of my body was capable of dealing with. No limitations. I was also told they believe the newest generation of artificial hips should be lifetime hips.

Read the link I posted earlier. I was surfing a funboard 6 weeks after surgery. And things continued to improve for over a year. Get your life back. It won't be as good as original equipment, but the state of the art stuff is decidedly NOT your grandpas artificial hip.

They are talking about stem cell injections being the wave of the future. Grow cartilage back. Insurance won't cover it. Some people claim it cured them. Others not so much. I believe it will be the future for knees and hips, but it may be too early. You can however find Docs in the USA that are into it.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I had a install and removal Anterior. Then the second install Posterior and what way different deal the two are. Muscle cut, 40 some odd stitches and 1 month out still on crutches but getting there. Hip Revisions suck ass....