Hey West Coast: Patagonia will fix your wetsuit for FREE

Groundswell

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2006
https://www.surfer.com/features/patagonia-will-fix-your-busted-wetsuit-for-free/

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I've taken in many Patagonia suits over the past 10 years and they've always repaired(or replaced) them at no charge.

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
Groundswell said:
https://www.surfer.com/features/patagonia-will-fix-your-busted-wetsuit-for-free/
Since it doesn't look like people are clicking through to the article.

This article claims patagonia will fix your suit (ANY suit) for free.

That's pretty awesome, particularly for those of in so cal with out of warranty short arms or the like that may need some minor stitching or seams glued.

Also makes the needs an even better deal. You can buy a suit from need and then take it to patagonia if it ever needs a repair.

EDIT: Correction, looks like they are only doing it on select dates in select location. This is more marketing hype than anything else I think.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
silentbutdeadly said:
Have they made them comfortable yet?

Like ghosty, I love patagucci but everytime I try on their suits I scratch my head.
I see guys wearing them all the time. I ask them how they like them.

They all say they’re great.

I can tell they’re lying.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Duffy said:
silentbutdeadly said:

Like ghosty, I love patagucci but everytime I try on their suits I scratch my head.

:roflmao:

Same. I want to like em. Every time I try one on... just not made ofr me ai guess. Same with Matuse.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i had 1 that was great at the time, but upon the next winter it was heavy and leaky

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
silentbutdeadly said:
Duffy said:
silentbutdeadly said:

Same. I want to like em. Every time I try one on... just not made ofr me ai guess. Same with Matuse.
Love my Matuse. Maybe they're different when they're wet, but easily the most time I've ever spent in a fitting room was struggling taking off a Patagonia wetsuit I had tried on.

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
I absolutely HATE mine, and I'm over it. It's the new R2 Yulex. Chest Zip. It is warm...but it's way too stiff, too heavy, and a bitch to get on/off. I'm putting it up for sale - $100. Great condition - purchased Feb 2018 - have receipt. Size MT. Text me 442-300-5676. North County San Diego.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
manbearpig said:
The newer ones seem legit and to have addressed some previous issues. May give them another shot
I’d wait. I tried an R1 lite and it was no bueno. They changed the fit and it was pretty stiff. Spoke with a guy at their booth at the boardroom show and he said they are changing the fabric material which should loosen it up and also changing the cut. I asked if the new cut would accommodate people with shoulders and he said yes. Those new suits should come out and of summer or fall.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
silentbutdeadly said:
Duffy said:
silentbutdeadly said:

I don’t even talk to people in Matuse suits. :bigdeal:

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
isrfcrdf said:
I absolutely HATE mine, and I'm over it. It's the new R2 Yulex. Chest Zip. It is warm...but it's way too stiff, too heavy, and a bitch to get on/off. I'm putting it up for sale - $100. Great condition - purchased Feb 2018 - have receipt. Size MT. Text me 442-300-5676. North County San Diego.
just wait until you surf in it for a few years. stiff and leaky.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
manbearpig said:
Duffy said:
manbearpig said:
Thanks for heads up. I need a new 4/3 and 5/4. Was going to look in the fall.
Have you tried Isurus suits?
No but they look nice. Never even see them in shops here in the NE. Wetsuits are something I have to try on before purchase.
I understand. I wear a large in O’Neil and also a large in Isurus, if that’s any help...

They’re great suits.