Hey Robo, show me some $,$$$!

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Tip time:
I'd heard of this yearz ago,
+ just read it on ABC7 news here in L.A.
so i'm postin' a way for you boyz+girlz to make some free cash from them Robo Callz, ya know?

Allow me to quote, + link for ya,
might make ya $500 or $1,500.00 if you be interested, ya dig?
How to turn annoying robocalls into cash!

Read thee link, $2,500.00 for 4 robo callz!!!

~snip~
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Telemarketing Sales Rule make it illegal for any business to call a cell phone using an auto dialer without permission. Every time they do, they owe you no less than $500. If your cell phone is on the National Do Not Call Registry, they owe you $1,500.
~snip~

Williams learned how to do this by reading this short e-book, "Turning Robocalls Into Cash."
"It's a really effective way to make the calls stop," she said.

Author Doc Compton says he's helped hundreds of people across the country make thousands off those annoying calls.

"There's three parts to it. You've got to actually take the call," Compton explained. "You're going to pull some information from them that's going to allow you to then track them and decipher who it is that's contacting you."

And once you've figured out who it is, Compton says you fill out the demand letter template that's provided in the kit. He says taking the call and engaging with the caller is a big part of the process.

It's also worth noting that there are caveats to the law. First, you need to have been called twice in the same year by the same company to bring a claim. Second, you have to sue to recover money. But the author says in many cases, companies just settle after getting a demand letter.

For Williams, no legal action was necessary.
"To my surprise, I came home one day and I got this check for $2,500," she said.
She said the $2,500 was for four calls.
"Cha Ching!" she said. "This was like Christmas in October for me."
~snip~

Read thee link~ie, ok?
Getcha some free $$$$, cha~ching!
l8z, rw

ps ~ North windz are howlin' off~shore in thee western beachies of Los Angeles right now...
:drowning:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
not that easy....you have to extract some info from the caller (like who they are, who's their parent company, where are they located,what's their do-not-call policy etc ) and most of the time, you will get hung up on by the time you get to the second question.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm getting called no less than 4 times a day.

It's always a recording of someone speaking Chinese (at least I think it's Chinese).

First from 213 area code. Now mostly from 858.

Never the same number.

No I don't pick up.

It's not only annoying getting the calls but it fills up my voicemail too.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I'm getting called no less than 4 times a day.

It's always a recording of someone speaking Chinese (at least I think it's Chinese).

First from 213 area code. Now mostly from 858.

Never the same number.

No I don't pick up.

It's not only annoying getting the calls but it fills up my voicemail too.
It takes longer to clear out the voicemail that it does to pick up and hang up. Unfortunately, when you do the latter, that emboldens them.

Occasionally it's Social Security Agency scam call but mostly Chinese robocalls. Get them both on my cell phone and work phone. Problem is that I have to pick them up since I don't have every contractor in my contacts list.

Does no good to block them because the numbers shift.

Any response our government has will be toothless.

My personal suggestion would be hitting China with a massive EMP as a warning shot to cease and desist immediately. But maybe that's why I am not in government.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i get them multiple times per day, but never had a Chinese one....they come in all flavors, hawking health insurance, extended car warranties, home security, senior living, etc etc. and of course, the scams: the IRS scam, the Social Security scam, the Microsoft scam etc etc. it amazes me that, in this surveillance state we live in, where presumably all telephony flows through a locked room in an ATT office in SF staffed by the NSA, that the gov is apparently powerless to do anything.

Last edited: