Hey Mods! Deforest has been doxxing me on your forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I have met some great and generous people through here. Have argued with some but nobody has taken it personal and we can talk in other threads like nothing happened. I'd hate to think anybody here is taking this stuff personally and trying out each other for some dumb reason.
Asshole!

(I kid)

Reactions: racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Asshole!

(I kid)
I once got called a "fucking scumbag" by a client during a contract negotiation (not to my face, but in a group text that a mutual friend was in). To be honest, it was one of the prouder moments of my career as I often think I'm too nice in doing business. I have that screenshot saved in my dropbox and look at it every once in awhile.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I once got called a "fucking scumbag" by a client during a contract negotiation (not to my face, but in a group text that a mutual friend was in). To be honest, it was one of the prouder moments of my career as I often think I'm too nice in doing business. I have that screenshot saved in my dropbox and look at it every once in awhile.
Pics, or it didn't happen

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Thankfully everything has been deleted as far as I know. There was some quoted posts from DC that had personal/business info in them but I’m pretty sure they are all gone.

Thanks for your help.

I really just wanted DC to stop/delete his posts. Banning him is your call but if he’s willing to chill with this type of stuff I wouldn’t throw a fit if he came back.
Good man. Let bygones be bygones...

Reactions: racer1

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I don't know why deforest posted the pic, but I don't think he's a nasty guy. Surf nerd, sure. Tomo geek, definitely! I just think he just had a brain fart, and I'm sure we've all had some of them...

Side-note: I didn't even know what 'doxxing' was until today...

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
So what I take away from all this is a bunch of fucking clowns who ruined the Surfline forums with their miserable fukcing kunty arguing and politics moved over to this one and tried to do the same.

If the majority of your posts are in the politics section, you shouldn't be allowed to post in the surf section. Y'all are stock killers. You know who you are.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Didn't some spiteful little bitch on here email a guys work and rat him out for posting while he was at work?
Yes.

Another guy wrote a letter to someone's employer and included excerpts of the user's postings.

FrankBooth had someone do something similar.

I remember when I first started posting another user got doxxed - full name, address, phone number, employment info.

Not once have I logged on here at work.
I never, ever, would log into this place at work.

Simply because of the above. Especially knowing some of the culprits still post here.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yes.

Another guy wrote a letter to someone's employer and included excerpts of the user's postings.

FrankBooth had someone do something similar.

I remember when I first started posting another user got doxxed - full name, address, phone number, employment info.

I never, ever, would log into this place at work.

Simply because of the above. Especially knowing some of the culprits still post here.
I'm writing this from my work desk. Living on the edge!

Reactions: Boneroni and Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Just to be clear, posting photos of someone is lame AF but it's not "doxxing".

Posting phone numbers and addresses is.

Thanks.
It was more than just a picture. After I asked him (nicely) to delete the photo he doubled down and posted more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.