Hey LeeD...

Shwuz

Miki Dora status
Sep 26, 2003
Corpus Christi, TX
Visit site
You suggested putting a 3.5" center trailer on my twin-fin 4" up from the tail to help improve its hold a little. I have an extra futures center, 3.5", and a guy who will glass in a box for me pretty cheap, just need a slight clarification on the measurement.

When you say to place the fin 4" from the tail, where are you measuring to? The base of the fin at the trailing edge, the base of the fin at the leading edge, the tip of the fin at the trailing edge, etc... I'm betting that you meant 4" from the tail at the base of the fin, trailing edge, but I do want to get this right. Not like I will want to do it again, you know?

Thanks a bunch!

LeeD

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jun 26, 2003
Berkeley,CA
Hey Shwuz
Tip of tail to back edge of base of fin...the tip will hang back some more.
I like to be able to adjust placement of trailer fins on my boards, so I normally use a long 10" box, starting the box at 3" from the tip of the tail.
Remember, you can make the board looser by cutting down fin size. You need to make it stable enough to push around with full power, then you can tune it to match your needs.

Shwuz

Miki Dora status
Sep 26, 2003
Corpus Christi, TX
Visit site
Thanks LeeD, that was what I thought. Yeah, I thought about having a 10" box put in, but that is just so much box to cut into a board that is only 5'10". Like you said, I can adjust the looseness with different size trailers, so hopefully 4" from the tail is the magic distance.

Thanks again, you the pimp!