Help! What do I do?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
How did I miss this thread the first time around? Pure comedic gold.

I bought the big 3 gal one for camping before our OBX cross country trip. Used it for the sink. Sprung a leak in the seam. They replaced it w/ a smaller one. Fits perfectly in our tall van, haha.

Reactions: jkb, JDJ and Havoc

surfapotomus

OTF status
Jan 21, 2014
on a leash
My gf kept threatening to buy me a changing pancho. I avoided that landmine for years, to the point where she stopped bringing it up. Then one day a buddy of mine gifted me one out of the blue for helping him (try) to learn to surf. Son of a B.

I don't use it much. But it's nice on cold days.

Rinse Kit on the other hand; I bought that sh!t voluntarily.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
@jkb How did this work out? Did you bite your tongue and feign surprise n joy when you unwrapped it this morning??
I thought of this thread and almost LOL'ed when I opened my present this morning... an upgrade to the changing poncho she got me a couple years ago! she said she did research and it's like the Cadillac of ponchos with all the bells and whistles. Stocked, bros. I'mma be so warm n cozy when I change. LOL. #happywifehappylife
It hasn't impressed me much, tbh.

If you want warm water, you have to lug the thing inside and fill it up with hot water from the sink right before you leave (just one more thing to do). The heat stick that you can get for it doesn't really do a very good job in a short amount of time.

If it put out enough water to rinse myself and my wetsuit, I'd like it a lot more. Instead, I'll rinse my feet off and run out of water rinsing my wetsuit out before work. When I get home, I have to finish rinsing my wetsuit and then fill up the goddam thing.

Life is just simpler with a laundry soap bottle full of fresh water.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
yeah but no one is impressed by some hobo ass laundry soap bottle.

how are you going to signal that you are part of the core surfer tribe without a changing pancho, rinsekit and broad horses???

how about one of those little changing mats that you can fold your suit up into and then it leaks all over your car? those seem cool.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
yeah but no one is impressed by some hobo ass laundry soap bottle.

how are you going to signal that you are part of the core surfer tribe without a changing pancho, rinsekit and broad horses???

how about one of those little changing mats that you can fold your suit up into and then it leaks all over your car? those seem cool.
I almost stole one of those astroturf changing mats from some dude at Porto the other day, but then I thought...

"no one is impressed by some hobo ass laundry soap bottle.

how am I going to signal that I am part of the core surfer tribe without a changing pancho, rinsekit and broad horses???

how about one of those little changing mats that you can fold your suit up into and then it leaks all over your car? those seem cool."

It was just sitting there on Rosecrans by the stairs there, I mean, I wouldn't have stolen it, just hidden it nearby, cuz I'm core, bro.

Reactions: Havoc

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I would totally kook it up and use the sh!t out of the rinsekit. We park at a secluded spot separate from the public parking lot, this can be done.

Reactions: jkb

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
If the OP's wife had really cared she would have gotten him one or two of these. Its the must have.

I saw some one walking down the trial with this abomination the other day. The ultraportable rinse kit pod in the other hand with snacks would be the ultimate all day set up.
1609339912571.jpeg

1609340334924.jpeg

and don’t forget the Malo’o rack for the drive home
Malo'o DryRack - Malo'o Racks

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater and jkb