Help me pick a non-surf related trip destination.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Supposedly Sardinia has 300 surfable days a year, just saying. I'll be there next month, not for surf, but I will be floating around in the Med on a boat. I'm beyond stoked for this.
Stoked for you meng! I could see it being the swell magnet of the Med. Seems like a well kept secret (as possible as that is nowadays) to those outside of Europe. Some of the outdoor mags have done spreads on it.

The more I researched Sardinia the more I realized how much time was needed to do it right.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Not happening anytime soon, until I can get someone to cover me at home caring for my mother.

But, been playing around daydreaming about where to travel to next.

Must be EU, North Africa, Mediterranean.... though Iceland has also been thrown into the mix, kind of like Australia and Israel being thrown into Eurovision.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Possibilities...

Iceland.

Turkey.

Czech Republic.

Egypt.

Corsega and/or Sardinia.

Mostly looking for a good destination for culture, food, architecture and/or archeological type tourism. Traveling with Hunny Bunny.

What say you, oh well traveled erBB wealth of knowledge?

Any other destinations are open too, but trying to stay within two flights, so here to some EU capital, and then to destination.

Want to be able to reach the place in 24 hours or less,so as to spend more time as a tourist than as a traveler.

For your troubles.....

View attachment 137876
Iceland is amazing but it's maybe too late in the year for a trip, we went fishing, went to a crazy rave filled with beautiful women & saw the volcano. Reykjavik is an interesting city; they make the best of what is basically an island in the middle of the North Atlantic. If you like Scandinavia, recommend Oslo...it's a lot livelier and isn't as brutal in the winter overall. Lots to do, the senorita loved the shopping & coffee shops.

Egypt, meh...pyramids are cool but conditions are a tick or two above miserable

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Egypt, meh...pyramids are cool but conditions are a tick or two above miserable
There’s a mega thread on Reddit along the lines of “countries you would never go back to” that probably has over 20k replies by now, maybe far more. Egypt is the overwhelming “winner” of that thread, with I think India in a distant 2nd. Women especially have a hard time there.

Reactions: deepwater

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Skiing/boarding in the alps if it's winter.
Dalmatian coast is nice.
Prague is overrun with tourists

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
After arranging my sister in law to fly down and cover me with my mom, we reserved flights and hotel and paid. Looked at the reservation yesterday to arrange a car from the airport to the hotel, it says only hotel. We call the airline and they canceled our flights, and the option they are offering to replace them is way too expensive and an unreasonable amount of connections and flying time. We said fugg it, and canceled the whole thing.

Looking at a spa and 5 star a couple islands over instead.

So much for Prague, all the walking, culture, food, BEER, etc... at least, on the bright side, I will be ok in my flip flops.

:monkey:

• Wow
Reactions: hammies

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
After arranging my sister in law to fly down and cover me with my mom, we reserved flights and hotel and paid. Looked at the reservation yesterday to arrange a car from the airport to the hotel, it says only hotel. We call the airline and they canceled our flights, and the option they are offering to replace them is way too expensive and an unreasonable amount of connections and flying time. We said fugg it, and canceled the whole thing.

Looking at a spa and 5 star a couple islands over instead.

So much for Prague, all the walking, culture, food, BEER, etc... at least, on the bright side, I will be ok in my flip flops.

:monkey:
Damnnn, sucks man sorry to hear that

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Apparently this is what getting old is all about, settling for less than you wished for, and not throwing a temper tantrum every time one is faced with such shortcomings.

It's a lot harder pill to swallow when it comes to physical abilities, me thinks.

I sure hope all the weed I've smoked along the way fries my brain out before it starts placing orders my physical self is unable to fill.

Lowell George said it best, "well you know, that you're over the hill, when your mind places orders, that your body can't fill".

C'est la vie.

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Italy used to be high on our bucket list, but honestly, since the island here became overrun with "Tutto Italiano", it's dropped down several notches. Kind of like the U.K. ... their visitors and expats make me not want to go there neither, neither, nor... ever, ever moar
super interesting thread with lots of great ideas,

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Tenerife South Coast.
Playa de Las Americas.
Splitting Saturday.
South Swell running light, but might get some if lucky. 4 different waves within walking distance of the hotel.
About 10-15 WeeD dispensaries...
It's definitely not walking the Streets of Prague, and day trip to Bohemian Glass Blowing Factories.... but should keep us plenty busy.

:waving::shaka:

Reactions: mundus

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Tenerife South Coast.
Playa de Las Americas.
Splitting Saturday.
South Swell running light, but might get some if lucky. 4 different waves within walking distance of the hotel.
About 10-15 WeeD dispensaries...
It's definitely not walking the Streets of Prague, and day trip to Bohemian Glass Blowing Factories.... but should keep us plenty busy.

Stocked you’re still getting to go somewhere bro even if it’s not your og destination. If anyone around deserves a vacation it’s you and it doesn’t sound like you will be forced to wear foot prisons after all

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Yeah it seems almost too strange to leave the house after being here since July 2020 non stop. I almost feel strange about it, and not in a good way... here's hoping it goes well. Especially the sister in law with my mom, she can be a real rare beast, my mother that is... I hope she doesn't mess with my in law, girl's a Saint sacrificing her Easter holiday so we can go somewhere as a couple. 2008 was the last time I traveled with my wife together.

Splitting Saturday ... looks like swell hits Tuesday.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Yeah it seems almost too strange to leave the house after being here since July 2020 non stop. I almost feel strange about it, and not in a good way... here's hoping it goes well. Especially the sister in law with my mom, she can be a real rare beast, my mother that is... I hope she doesn't mess with my in law, girl's a Saint sacrificing her Easter holiday so we can go somewhere as a couple. 2008 was the last time I traveled with my wife together.

Splitting Saturday ... looks like swell hits Tuesday.

Hope and the old lady have a wicked rad time. You’re a lucky man, in another timeline she’s married to Conan

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura