Help me pick a non-surf related trip destination.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Supposedly Sardinia has 300 surfable days a year, just saying. I'll be there next month, not for surf, but I will be floating around in the Med on a boat. I'm beyond stoked for this.
Stoked for you meng! I could see it being the swell magnet of the Med. Seems like a well kept secret (as possible as that is nowadays) to those outside of Europe. Some of the outdoor mags have done spreads on it.

The more I researched Sardinia the more I realized how much time was needed to do it right.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Not happening anytime soon, until I can get someone to cover me at home caring for my mother.

But, been playing around daydreaming about where to travel to next.

Must be EU, North Africa, Mediterranean.... though Iceland has also been thrown into the mix, kind of like Australia and Israel being thrown into Eurovision.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Possibilities...

Iceland.

Turkey.

Czech Republic.

Egypt.

Corsega and/or Sardinia.

Mostly looking for a good destination for culture, food, architecture and/or archeological type tourism. Traveling with Hunny Bunny.

What say you, oh well traveled erBB wealth of knowledge?

Any other destinations are open too, but trying to stay within two flights, so here to some EU capital, and then to destination.

Want to be able to reach the place in 24 hours or less,so as to spend more time as a tourist than as a traveler.

For your troubles.....

View attachment 137876
Iceland is amazing but it's maybe too late in the year for a trip, we went fishing, went to a crazy rave filled with beautiful women & saw the volcano. Reykjavik is an interesting city; they make the best of what is basically an island in the middle of the North Atlantic. If you like Scandinavia, recommend Oslo...it's a lot livelier and isn't as brutal in the winter overall. Lots to do, the senorita loved the shopping & coffee shops.

Egypt, meh...pyramids are cool but conditions are a tick or two above miserable

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Egypt, meh...pyramids are cool but conditions are a tick or two above miserable
There’s a mega thread on Reddit along the lines of “countries you would never go back to” that probably has over 20k replies by now, maybe far more. Egypt is the overwhelming “winner” of that thread, with I think India in a distant 2nd. Women especially have a hard time there.

Reactions: deepwater

hammies

Tom Curren status
Apr 8, 2006
Skiing/boarding in the alps if it's winter.
Dalmatian coast is nice.
Prague is overrun with tourists