HBO - The Last of Us

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
When I first played the game on PS3 I remember thinking "this could be a seriously excellent show if they adapted it exactly like it is"...

Glad to see that's actually happening. This is how it's done, they're following the game's story very, very closely, only changing a few things for the better. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season... show runners already confirmed Season 1 will complete the story of the first game... the ending will pack a fucking punch.

Of course a bunch of idiots are already criticizing Bella Ramsay as Ellie because she looks like a horse. Fuck it, she's doing excellent, not watching this to jerk off to a teen, she doesn't need to be pretty, she needs to be awesome.

Anyone watching?

Jan 8, 2023
I watched the cutscene 'movie' of the game so I must have thought it was pretty decent. That said, I think the show is good, but in no way amazing. I don't understand why its getting so much more hype than any of the other new shows. Its good thats it. There is nothing special or innovative about it.

I don't get why people get so high on the source material about every show these days. A lot of the original content was not good enough to have caught a wide audience in book or game form so I think its just people looking for a reason to be offended when shows stray.

Reactions: brukuns

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I watched the cutscene 'movie' of the game so I must have thought it was pretty decent. That said, I think the show is good, but in no way amazing. I don't understand why its getting so much more hype than any of the other new shows. Its good thats it. There is nothing special or innovative about it.

I don't get why people get so high on the source material about every show these days. A lot of the original content was not good enough to have caught a wide audience in book or game form so I think its just people looking for a reason to be offended when shows stray.
its getting hype solely because its like the first decent video game adaption and Pedro - nothing more nothing less IMO.

it also helps thats theres absolutely nothing else on right now.

Jan 8, 2023
its getting hype solely because its like the first decent video game adaption and Pedro - nothing more nothing less IMO.

it also helps thats theres absolutely nothing else on right now.
I just started watching a lot more shows recently. In the past only something like Game of Thrones would have gotten me but in the last year I've watched several shows that I found shockingly good across different platforms. I think because there are so many shows and for some reason lots don't get press there are probably shows that people would like that they just don't know about, as was the case for me.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I never played the game but i remember it being pretty hyped.

So far the show to me is just okay.

But like cutnsnip said, there isnt much else right now.

Reactions: oeste858

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
pretty good....black summer is my favorite zombie series, maybe this will end up rivaling it.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I have a theory why this is so hyped (and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the gaming audience that already know what's up)...

I will not spoil anything, but how many shows, movies or what have you pack a fucking gut wrenching ending that makes you go "what the fuck this is fucking holy fucking sh!t god dammit, what, fuck yeah?!". Endings usually suck salty gone to the gym all day and didn't shower balls. The Last of Us have that fleeting gnarly ending that makes it all worth it.

Let's see how the show handles it. But you're gonna have to see it through and see if you agree with me.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I have a theory why this is so hyped (and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the gaming audience that already know what's up)...

I will not spoil anything, but how many shows, movies or what have you pack a fucking gut wrenching ending that makes you go "what the fook this is fucking holy fucking sh!t god dammit, what, fook yeah?!". Endings usually suck salty gone to the gym all day and didn't shower balls. The Last of Us have that fleeting gnarly ending that makes it all worth it.

Let's see how the show handles it. But you're gonna have to see it through and see if you agree with me.
i mean...i guess for a video game it was a good ending but it was so foreshadowed - people will put two and two together halfway through the show imo. and...if they get a season 2 - they will have to heavily divert from the second game all together.

IMO the last TV how that had me going fk fk fk fk, was Severance. Cant wait for season 2.

Reactions: brukuns
Jan 8, 2023
i mean...i guess for a video game it was a good ending but it was so foreshadowed - people will put two and two together halfway through the show imo. and...if they get a season 2 - they will have to heavily divert from the second game all together.

IMO the last TV how that had me going fk fk fk fk, was Severance. Cant wait for season 2.
Yeah someone just told me about Severance. Going to get on that soon. Just from the premise I know its going to hit hard.