Haydenshapes Black Friday boards

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Just a PSA, that if you ordered one, you should be getting a call soon. I just grabbed my 5’8 Psychedelic Germ in FF. Feels great under the arm, but the black rails/bottom show that it’s sand-through city. It’s definitely the lightest Future Flex I’ve owned . This is my sixth one in about 11 years.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
You waited six months for a sh!t quality product?

You could have gotten a shitty board in six months from a local shaper for less $.
Five months to the day, whatever...I had the same model 10 years ago and missed it. My Mystery Glassed CI’s have been the worst QC boards I’ve owned. I was happy with all my Pure Glass’ed Haydenshapes back in the day. These batch were made in Australia, so we’ll see how they hold up. I knew it was a wait and have plenty of other boards to ride.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I went to a local Surf Shop to buy my first pair of booties several months ago .

Took a look at the boards and one of the Hayden models was one of the best , most reasonable boards I've seen
I have no idea where it was made .
No wings or incuts -

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Five months to the day, whatever...I had the same model 10 years ago and missed it. My Mystery Glassed CI’s have been the worst QC boards I’ve owned. I was happy with all my Pure Glass’ed Haydenshapes back in the day. These batch were made in Australia, so we’ll see how they hold up. I knew it was a wait and have plenty of other boards to ride.
B4854174-ACAA-4C3D-9DC6-A171281014A4.jpeg

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I love my Varial NB2 and my Spine Tek Fever. You said Haydenshapes were shitty , which wasn’t my experience with the five I had through Pure Glass. I can’t speak to the GSI ones. I was just saying the two most disposable boards I’ve owned were a Proton and a Whip, but I wouldn’t say CI’s are shitty. The sand throughs are pretty much what my XTR looked like, I think it’s just a thing with dark epoxy boards, in that a little thing shows up more.

Reactions: JDJ

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I love my Varial NB2 and my Spine Tek Fever. You said Haydenshapes were shitty , which wasn’t my experience with the five I had through Pure Glass. I can’t speak to the GSI ones. I was just saying the two most disposable boards I’ve owned were a Proton and a Whip, but I wouldn’t say CI’s are shitty. The sand throughs are pretty much what my XTR looked like, I think it’s just a thing with dark epoxy boards, in that a little thing shows up more.
I didn’t say Haydens are shitty. You said your Hayden is shitty and you waited 5 months for it.

Then you made comments about CIs for some reason that remains a mystery to me.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I guess you missed the last 15 years of similar posts here ;-)
I missed the part that explains why he’d bring up CIs at all.

OP: I waited 5 months for a board that’s riddled with sand throughs.

Me: That sucks. That’s crazy. I’d be pissed.

OP: Fuck Channel Islands! Worst glass jobs ever!

Me: Didn’t you say it’s a Hayden?

Makes no sense.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I didn’t say Haydens are shitty. You said your Hayden is shitty and you waited 5 months for it.

Then you made comments about CIs for some reason that remains a mystery to me.
I thought you were a CI fan from some of your posts. I've had some good Haydens and this particular Australian made one has some areas that aren't consistent with what I've received from their old outsourced Costa Mesa glass shop about 10 years ago.

I took your post as "you're a dumbass for buying a Hayden, they're shitty and you had to wait forever for it...". I mentioned CI, to say (thinking you were a CI fan), I received a couple crummy boards from them as well and you can get a bad QC'd board from even shops you've had good experiences with.

FWIW, I really like the board and wish I hadn't waited 10 years to get another one.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I thought you were a CI fan from some of your posts. I've had some good Haydens and this particular Australian made one has some areas that aren't consistent with what I've received from their old outsourced Costa Mesa glass shop about 10 years ago.

I took your post as "you're a dumbass for buying a Hayden, they're shitty and you had to wait forever for it...". I mentioned CI, to say (thinking you were a CI fan), I received a couple crummy boards from them as well and you can get a bad QC'd board from even shops you've had good experiences with.

FWIW, I really like the board and wish I hadn't waited 10 years to get another one.
Oh, so it was weak attempt to upset me because you believe I have some sort of emotional connection to CI.

I ride mostly CIs because...

1. The shop is right there with a bunch of boards in my dims to choose from OTR. I recently broke my fever, went to the shop and bought another one in the exact same dims on my way home. When the actual board you are buying is right there in your hands you can QC it before pulling out your wallet and there’s no wait. If they have my dims I’ll stroll into the shop a week or two later and there it is!

2. I dont pay full price.

3. They work.

If it was a Hayden shop rather than a CI shop I’d probably ride Haydens.

If I ordered a custom from CI, waited 5 months and they gave me a sanded though Afghan blanket glass job I’d return it and they’d fast track me a replacement.

Does Hayden do that? Have you tried?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Oh, so it was weak attempt to upset me because you believe I have some sort of emotional connection to CI.

I ride mostly CIs because...

1. The shop is right there with a bunch of boards in my dims to choose from OTR. I recently broke my fever, went to the shop and bought another one in the exact same dims on my way home. When the actual board you are buying is right there in your hands you can QC it before pulling out your wallet and there’s no wait. If they have my dims I’ll stroll into the shop a week or two later and there it is!

2. I dont pay full price.

3. They work.

If it was a Hayden shop rather than a CI shop I’d probably ride Haydens.

If I ordered a custom from CI, waited 5 months and they gave me a sanded though Afghan blanket glass job I’d return it and they’d fast track me a replacement.

Does Hayden do that? Have you tried?
Wasn't trying to upset you (I apologize if I did), was just trying to establish common ground with a brand you're familiar with.

I don't pay full price for CI's either. I had a great hookup on Haydens 10 years ago that ended and was why it probably took so long for me to replace the Germ, since they're not a stock board.

I'm probably exaggerating about the glass shop quality. If I had truly thought it was that bad, I would have made an issue at the shop. I'm not worried about it effecting the longevity of the board.