Hayden and Future Flex

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Is there a way to get a Hayden in FutureFlex that's made in the U.S.?

I know Pure Glass does them I believe but is Hayden exclusive to them being made in Thailand?

My buddy demo'd and untitled and absolutely loved it. I have another friend that has one and loves it as well.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Pureglass was doing them. I got 5 Haydenshapes from them and two from another shaper, but that was over eight years ago. Give Jim a call over there. I liked the construction and only broke one out of seven which is pretty good for me.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I ordered a custom Untitled and it came from Oz.

Fantastic board and extremely versatile. Love the shape and the construction is surprisingly good in windy/choppy conditions. Durable too.

If I could only bring one board on a trip, this is the board I would bring.

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
I ordered a custom black noiz in FF through AvenuesSF which I believe was made in Aus. Talk to Kokoro in their El Segundo office, they have excellent A+ customer service. It did take quite a while for the custom order, but they offered free color so that probably added to the time. I love the board and so far the build quality seems excellent. I also have an Untitled for about a year now and it’s holding up really well. FF is amazing imho.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Tim shaped the board in house and then sent it to Pure Glass for glassing and sanding. The only down side was that it took a bit longer than normal, but still better than what some people here deal with. Tim warned me up front that Pure Glass might be slower than his own shop. But it was worth the wait.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Nice. Yeah I asked him about different construction last time and he didn't have too much to say other than some people like the FF build.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Tim's in house epoxy is really good, and all things being equal, I'd like to keep it there, to support his business and to have Tim manage the entire production for QC. But this one turned our perfect.

Reactions: jkb