Hawaii- Done

Jan 8, 2023
I think the 2nd time I was in Maui someone was talking about 'Operation Green Harvest' where apparently the govt. came with helicopters and yanked the weed out of the hills. After that the islands were overwhelmed by meth. How is that going? or is it up to angle dust now?

Also, do you have a supplier for couscous?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A month there for 2k? Call it Glamping and surf your brains out? I couldn’t live there, but a month would be fun I bet

Reactions: mundus and PJ

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You lasted a month at Jaycee/Conn; the years would fly by.
Hey that was Covid it was a weird time….my industry was still in tatters, barely starting to show signs of survival, the world was burning, there was no surf. That broken patio screen door at that rental unit stressed me WAY out of proportion

shoulda played WAAAAYYYY more golf while I was there… didn’t have much to do but stare at an empty inbox, exercise 3x a day, hardly eat, hang out with mom and bill wondering when one of them was going to get Covid. twas a monastic 5 weeks on the beach in central Florida

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hey that was Covid it was a weird time….my industry was still in tatters, barely starting to show signs of survival, the world was burning, there was no surf. That broken patio screen door at that rental unit stressed me WAY out of proportion

shoulda played WAAAAYYYY more golf while I was there… didn’t have much to do but stare at an empty inbox, exercise 3x a day, hardly eat, hang out with mom and bill wondering when one of them was going to get Covid. twas a monastic 5 weeks on the beach in central Florida
That was not a very hot December for surf, which was pretty lame because Oct-Nov was uber consistent. You probably should have tried more light-tackle surfcasting or snorkeled out the back and yanked out some lobbies in addition to the golf.

Maybe the mommy wagon with Ohio plates just environmentally numbed you?

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
Sucks for Scott Hawaii, but I have a hard time with calling things manufactured overseas a "local product", though I'm sure many will disagree with where that line of what is/isn't a local product is drawn (is it all inputs? 100% of labor? etc. etc. can circlejerk it to the N-th). They are definitely a legacy brand that creates local jobs though, no argument there. In this day and age it seems if you don't own your manufacturing or your retail then you're just a design house having stuff manufactured overseas you can't be surprised when large retailers cut you out of the mix and either private label the product or find another brand making the same thing without the brand name premium. It seems anymore the retailer holds the keys to create perceived value/consumer demand and less and less that brands are creating something that folks will actively seek out. With the various highly targeted advertising channels these days hopefully that can grow their DTC and get that excess capacity sold.

All that said, I'm about due for some new ones and will try and find some Scotts.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Classic local brand and good slippahs

Wish they would have called out the big retailer who burned them
Walmart's one and that's a big contract
Looked like he was going to cry on live TV
I like scotts for beach slippa but moved to the dark side (crocs) for my diabetic feet