Hawaii- Done

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
We are all pawns in the Westernization of the world. Soilent Green, may become a reality in 70 to a 100 years.
Don't fret, though. You're all safe, High End Salons or SuperCuts ~ :ROFLMAO:
It's not Westernization.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
It's not Westernization.
Hahaha wait... industrialization and the managerial revolution were somehow not "Western?" I mean, come on man, what were they? Eastern?

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
It's not Westernization.
Pig Latin?? Salon haircuts and Super cuts are two different classes of Westernization ~

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Pig Latin?? Salon haircuts and Super cuts are two different classes of Westernization ~
Think of it like the USSR - what started out as a civil war between Russian (Eastern) factions over Western ideology morphed into an international empire with very little connection to the common Russian or affinity for Russian civilization. Talk to some of these corporate C-Suite people and you'll get it. Also look at who works for them.

It's like the Chinese couple from Shanghai who bought a house in my neighborhood and rented it to drug dealers - Sinocization of my neighborhood or mid-level CCP grifters trying to protect their ill-gotten wealth? I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Money is obviously more important than culture - more condos for rich mainland folks, locals will be priced off the island.

They already know this unbuilt housing is not intended for them.
Gentrification, moves forward like a bulldozer, unstoppable.

:shark:

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Money is obviously more important than culture - more condos for rich mainland folks, locals will be priced off the island.

They already know this unbuilt housing is not intended for them.
i tried to pay attention and be an informed voter this election cycle looking at the local races and looking up who was getting $$ from where in their campaign contributions. its pretty sad when you see a lot of real estate, construction and mainland interests lining these guys pockets. seemed like whoever has the most campaign $$, vote for their opponent. unfortunately whoever has the most campaign $$ will usually win and the non stop overuse/overdevelopment cycle never ends

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
i tried to pay attention and be an informed voter this election cycle looking at the local races and looking up who was getting $$ from where in their campaign contributions. its pretty sad when you see a lot of real estate, construction and mainland interests lining these guys pockets. seemed like whoever has the most campaign $$, vote for their opponent. unfortunately whoever has the most campaign $$ will usually win and the non stop overuse/overdevelopment cycle never ends
Gentrifying and bulldozing.

:cry:

All over the world, unfortunately.

:cursing::bricks::cursing: