Hawaii- Done

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Going to be in Kauai for the next 2 weeks starting Wednesday. Forecast looks unreal. Gonna be undergunned on a 6'3, at least for a couple of days.

Reactions: Subway

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Nah heard he got beat up in town. Words exchanged in the water, taken to the beach, multiple people involved etc. Figured someone here might know what actually happened

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Zeke Lau - the dude who has no problem cashing haole money, but wears "haole go home" written on his shirt.
Fvck that guy. If he rips so hard, he shouldn't have to go thru a reality tv show to get seeded.

Last edited:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Going to be in Kauai for the next 2 weeks starting Wednesday. Forecast looks unreal. Gonna be undergunned on a 6'3, at least for a couple of days.
THIS weekend is gong to be crazy at any of the South Shore surf spots!!!!
PK's, Acid Drops, etc.
Military base will be firing
Brenneke's & the big parking lot will flood
The Sheraton @ Poipu too
and ALL the homes along the shoreline drive from PK's, past the small boat harbor to the end. (they've had it too good since Hurricane Iwa ~ flooding & carnage
7/ 16, 17 / 2022

Reactions: encladd

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
The high surf warning that was sent out today used the term "historic swell". Isn't HI only a few days past the highest tides of the year? Besides the waves I'm curious to see pics of the flooding.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
The new owners will soon be the old owners, rinse and repeat.

I worked with a business professor whose field was hospitality and tourism and he studied profit and loss, strategic planning, all that stuff specifically in tropical resort locations. He concluded that there was not a single long term profitable hotel or resort on the windward side of any tropical island in the trade wind belt. Upkeep and maintenance costs kills everything. Turtle Bay is perched on the windiest little promontory on all of Oahu. The place just rots. And will continue to rot. And some new sucker will buy it thinking, like every other sucker, "I can make millions here."

But I do like to write in the cafe, the coffee is good and the view is spectacular.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I thought about putting my parents up there for a night when they came to visit. Four night minimum stay, and yeah $700 for their worst room. Don't love them that much.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The new owners will soon be the old owners, rinse and repeat.

I worked with a business professor whose field was hospitality and tourism and he studied profit and loss, strategic planning, all that stuff specifically in tropical resort locations. He concluded that there was not a single long term profitable hotel or resort on the windward side of any tropical island in the trade wind belt. Upkeep and maintenance costs kills everything. Turtle Bay is perched on the windiest little promontory on all of Oahu. The place just rots. And will continue to rot. And some new sucker will buy it thinking, like every other sucker, "I can make millions here."

But I do like to write in the cafe, the coffee is good and the view is spectacular.

Always makes me think that it's inevitable that Westside Oahu gets developed with resorts at some point.