Hawaii- Done

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
sussle said:
it's quite interesting when the rich lock themselves into a lifestyle that no one else can afford and then there's no one to serve them because no one else can afford to live there.

Truly funny! My wife and I were discussing this when folks started to buy up homes in Hanalei 6 to 7 years ago. Exact same topic. Price the locals out. Whose going to cut your lawn, repair your plumbing, give you electricity to your hot tub, etc ....???

@sussle ~ :cheers:

Last edited:

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Bonefish?

I do not know much about fish/fishing.
Yeah, they're a classic salt water sport fish. Molokai is low-key one of the best destinations in the world for them. They're relatively unpressured, and big compared to other places. Average fish for Molokai would be considered trophy size in the Bahamas. Of course here you're fishing over reef, so they're a lot harder to spot than over uniform white sand and if you get wrapped around a coral head bye bye fishie. Trade winds are also usually a factor, but we really scored on that front. Had no wind until about 2pm.

This is like endgame fly fishing, your skills have to be on point. Buddy I went with caught twice as many fish as I did just because he's able to punch out to 40' accurately. The reward is a fish that will go on a run straight into your backing.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Guardrails has become THE foil spot. Living within biking range I'm awfully tempted to learn. The longboard waves at Kahului harbor have been popular with foilers for years but this was the first time I saw them on the ledging wave west of the channel. It's usually a shortboard & bodyboard spot. As we were loading the ski on the trailer a guy was walking toward the water with a body-foil board. You get any photos of him Clinton?

yeah i saw that boogiefoil guy too looked kinda fun...we foil kahului harbor all the time now...BUT...we are respectfull about it....not a lot of California attitude out there...and usually only when the waves are small smalllll crappy for surf... perfect for foil...once the waves start crackin and the crowd comes....the foilers move across the channel...its an understood thing...no one has to say anything or tell us...its just understood...pretty much self police...it works

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY

o'io!...like sponge said...bonefish...nasty to try if you don't know how...you cant skin it and fillet and eat him like anything else normal fish...they got 10 thousands little fine bones like hair all throughout the fish...almost invisible until it gets stuck in your throat...so you gotta fillet with the skin on and take a meat tenerizer hammer and smush the hell outta the meat...then scrape the meat mash off with a spoon...then you get fish hamburger patties to cook ...

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
yeah i saw that boogiefoil guy too looked kinda fun...we foil kahului harbor all the time now...BUT...we are respectfull about it....not a lot of California attitude out there...and usually only when the waves are small smalllll crappy for surf... perfect for foil...once the waves start crackin and the crowd comes....the foilers move across the channel...its an understood thing...no one has to say anything or tell us...its just understood...pretty much self police...it works
One day hopefully @steamroller surf genetics,
may it rub off on all in the water,
regardless of craft.

:bowdown:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
One day hopefully @steamroller surf genetics,
may it rub off on all in the water,
regardless of craft.

:bowdown:
bruddah Rolla rides just about any surfboard type related watercraft on surface or elevated, above . He excels in the pit of a challenging skatepark "bowl", and pushing an energy of concise, predictable, movements of grace and caution. Steamroller, moves on ~PPK

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
bruddah Rolla rides just about any surfboard type related watercraft on surface or elevated, above . He excels in the pit of a challenging skatepark "bowl", and pushing an energy of concise, predictable, movements of grace and caution. Steamroller, moves on ~PPK
I hope he does not get offended, but he looks like the guy in the old Primo beer ads, even more legend status.