Hawaii- Done

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
6.2 earthquake off the shores of the Hawaii Island around 4 PM this afternoon (Hawaii time). No injurioes or damaged reported on the island...

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
East swell delivered and for most sessions it was empty. Snapped my leash this morning on my first wave and had to watch the new Tokoro go bouncing across the rocks while I swam 100 yards to shore. Have to fix some reef rash on the rails but thankfully no big dings. Hope everyone got some surf this three day weekend.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
second time in a couple years (homeless making their mark?)

classic example of the new southwest/alaska shuttled tourist type overrunning "Owhyhee"

The blaze also put Mandi Wojcicki, a visitor from Battle Ground, Wash., on high alert.

“We saw it all the way from Aloha Towers, ” Wojcicki said. “We were nervous. I said, ‘What if the island catches on fire.’ My husband said, ‘Mandi, it’s a big island.’”

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
13 minutes of some local public school guy flapping his jaws and doing his best not to powerjaw the pidgin, telling everyone what is already common knowledge: Private schools like Punahou School 1841 Buff an Blu brah are better than public schools.

Yawn.

It is analogous to private delivery services like FedEx and UPS - if the United States Postal Service were so good, there would be no demand for their services. Same with Hawaii private schools vs Hawaii public schools.

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
13 minutes of some local public school guy flapping his jaws and doing his best not to powerjaw the pidgin, telling everyone what is already common knowledge: Private schools like Punahou School 1841 Buff an Blu brah are better than public schools.

Yawn.

It is analogous to private delivery services like FedEx and UPS - if the United States Postal Service were so good, there would be no demand for their services. Same with Hawaii private schools vs Hawaii public schools.
Dunno why people laughing at you but you’re 100 percent correct.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
500+ some collectable boards destroyed in the waikiki surf rack fire..
justice or a crime?

speaking for just myself and on a side note private schools just create another generation of spoiled and entitled "haves" like myself.
seen more "drive to succeed" and seriousness from more public school kids especially outer island kids I've run into than all the private school "buds" I've had the benefits of associating myself with.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
500+ some collectable boards destroyed in the waikiki surf rack fire..
justice or a crime?

speaking for just myself and on a side note private schools just create another generation of spoiled and entitled "haves" like myself.
seen more "drive to succeed" and seriousness from more public school kids especially outer island kids I've run into than all the private school "buds" I've had the benefits of associating myself with.
You see this a lot in places like Kailua. Parents send their kids to Punahoe or Midpac and the kids take advantage of their parents money and being well off and end up screwing around their whole life or being pot heads.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think the difference is parenting. Rich kids are used to bringing the authorities in to solve their problems and disputes. Poorer kids work problems out on their own. Also rich parents tend to spoil their kids by buying them stuff rather than making them earn it.

YMMV depending on the test scores and other hassles at the local public schools.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Can we somehow blame this act of brazen criminality on the poor quality of Hawaii's public schools?
Like when the son of the 1st or 2nd in command of Punahou stole $$$ from the carnival funds on campus, only to be let back into the school before his senior year? Guess he was public school material!:roflmao:

Speaking for Iolani, when I coached there, for the most part those were some driven kids. Academics, athletics, extracurricular... don't know whether it was wealth, parenting, cultural values? Dealt with a lot of uppity a$$hole parents for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Will Hawaii finally get some swell tomorrow? This has to be the worst fall I've experienced in a looonnnggg time.
Not really. Been pretty good in town.

Slow start on East shores maybe but this one of the best town runs in a while