Hawaii- Done

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha. No as long as the cooler is cold where the fish is kept. And the hot table is hot where the Lau Lau, kalua pig is kept. There used to be the big guy with glasses and a hairy back that used to work there. He was super sketchy all sweaty and gross. Stopped going there for a bit when he was working there. This was years ago.
haha that guy would always ask me about what I do for work and then ask if I was hiring. Super sweaty bangs and sketchy.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ and teeroi

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Prices vary , you know this

Total cost of a board should be ready to ride

600.00 + another 100.00 for its fins = total , actual cost of the board

700.00 ready to ride ! :)
Do you have any future template suggestions for a Saint?

I actually bought a Saint because it reminded me of the boards you and others used to shape at T&C back in the day. I grew up surfing trashed 80's era dumpster boards from T&C, Local Motion, and HIC.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
don't understand Purve
kind of like the nuevo cupcake phenomena
Mr Donut on Hotel and Bishop across Longs for a morning donut or maple bar fix (cuban/south american owner I think) or Baker Dudes on Alakea but they open too late for me.

sitting on the veranda at the moana watching tourists while waiting for your car is fun or high tea on the makai side.

View attachment 113654

View attachment 113656
We fell in love with the Moana in 2001 when we went there for breakfast on the makai side.
My wife and I like to sit on that veranda in the morning splitting an Acai bowl from the place on the right of the Moana.
The veranda picture made me laugh because just this morning my wife played a video that her niece just sent her where the niece is walking by the front of the Moana saying "Lesty, the swimming pool is calling your name...."

Also - spending the afternoon at a beach side table in the Banyan out door bar at the Moana ordering a slow string of appetizers and beer - OK maybe some Mai Tai's too. The double shade of the Banyan and the table umbrellas is great, and there's live music. My wife had the idea originally - two chaise lounges at the beach were $55 a day. She said why don't we sit right here by the chaises and drink our $55 ? :cheers:

Last edited:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
My friend reposted a pic of cookies on her IG. She’s a woman so I replied Yup. Next thing you know she’s dm’ing me that the baker is her niece and I should try her baked goods, her butter mochi is especially tasty.

She’s a woman so I went to the pop up shop at the Palolo Hongwanji to support my friends niece. She’s also a woman so I bought 2 pound cakes and 2 bags of butterscotch cookies. YOLO bake goods.

Just my opinion but if you guys use YOLO I think it should be in all caps. You might not be shouting YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, but some of things you guys are buying and the price you’re paying are screaming YOLO. Haha.

My son loves cookies but he’s reluctant to try anything new. Butterscotch? Huh? He took a tiny nibble his face lit up and he demolished the rest. Had a slice of orange vanilla pound cake with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for desert. Also very good.

A support small local businesses that turned out great. Here’s her IG.

http://instagr.am/p/CR2SJEYjmSK/