Hawaii- Done

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
New place just opened on ultra-trendy Haji Lane in Kampung Glam -

Haven't been in there yet or spoken to anyone inside, so I don't know if there is any authentic Hawaii connextion or if they are just trying to do something different, as food and beverage is very competitive.

At SGD $25 for their version of a Loco Moco that's USD $18, so it's not cheap, ha ha

Maybe I can bring my long-expired Hawaii license and ask for a discount?

IMG_6892.jpgIMG_6890.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Only thing is they don’t have cinnamon. Hawaii, fcking done.
No cin is a Sin!

If you had to pick something that was an avatar of haole colonialism and triggered casa_mugrienta, it would no doubt be Dunkin' Donuts, of which there are several locations in Hawaii, all on Oahu.

- There's a pair out on the Southwest - Kapolei? One is kind of closer to Barber's Point, and it looks like it's set in a just-like-suburban-Dallas planned shopping megacenter. The other looks like it could be on any suburban street with a Garden State Parkway exit.
- There's another in something called Waipahu. There's actually some places to eat I have never heard of among the Subway and Arby's.
- There's one in Pearl City; that one and Starbucks appear to be trying to constrictor snake something called Hana Tea.
- There's one in Aiea - this one is trying to f--k with Boba Cha?
- Of course there's one at the airport.
- UH Manoa is temporarily closed
- Finally, the only one that isn't within walking distance of H1 is in Kaneohe. I am guessing the cheaper Kailua transplants and whatever MCBH people go there?

Which one of these are you most likely to get jumped at?
Which one of these are you unable to take a sh!t because every stall has a homeless person in it?
If you had to lick a toilet seat, which one would you do it at?
I'm assuming UH Manoa has the highest likelihood of hotties?
Are UH Manoa and Barber's Point the best options if you're short endson gas and need to rob someone?
You jumped bail, you're ducking Dog, and you run on Dunkin'. Which one is the call?

Could you write a short story or a one-act play set in one of these?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Most of the Dunkin’s are in gas station mini marts. The one by the airport and in Pearlridge Shopping Center are the full on deal. Pearlridge has a lot of military personnel and family. Perfect location, they seem to always be busy whenever I’m at that mall.

On a sadder note Jimmy at Kim Chee 2 (Korean BBQ) in Kaimuki passed away from a massive heart attack a couple weeks ago. We used to eat there a couple of times a month if we work in that area. He used to always give us a free order of purple sweet potato Mac salad and bring out the spicy kim chee for us. RIP Jimmy.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
There's only two real Dunkin doughnuts like Teeroi stated. By the airport and pearlridge mall.

Doughnut king in Kailua is awesome. True California Chinese FOB style shop. No frills but excellent doughnuts. It is always crowded though.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
There's only two real Dunkin doughnuts like Teeroi stated. By the airport and pearlridge mall.

Doughnut king in Kailua is awesome. True California Chinese FOB style shop. No frills but excellent doughnuts. It is always crowded though.
Line is like 20 deep all hours of the day.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
How's this... Don Quijotes at around 11:30/noon for sushi and miso butterfish
Brah. You guys are killing me. The guy at Sushi Robot in the Don Quixote mall calls me uncle and gives me an extra spam musubi whenever I get a breakfast bento and a couple of mixed bentos for lunch. It’s still one of the only 24hr open spots. I’ll stop by there on the way to my pre-dawn sessions and see some interesting people shopping and parking lot antics.

With all this show and tell I’ll be able to spot you erbbers in line at Donut King. You’ll be the guys with the changing poncho on, the Album twin fin in your U-Haul rental truck next to a Rinse-kit.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
No spots in Kailua to blow up. Unless you like overpriced hipster sh!t or hanging around a bunch of military Officers drinking overpriced beers and talking about their latest firewire acquisition. :ROFLMAO:

I'm a purist. If I have an unreal session then it is straight to the McDonald's drive through for me. Nothing like a McD's coke after a session.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
No spots in Kailua to blow up. Unless you like overpriced hipster sh!t or hanging around a bunch of military Officers drinking overpriced beers and talking about their latest firewire acquisition. :ROFLMAO:

I'm a purist. If I have an unreal session then it is straight to the McDonald's drive through for me. Nothing like a McD's coke after a session.
Boots n Kimos is pretty blown out. On the same side of the street there’s a Kono’s where I’ll get a breakfast wrap. Last time I was at Konos there was a line waiting for the vegan bakery to open next door. My non-PC thought was those fat folks aren’t going to enjoy those dry looking offerings. But they’ll tell everyone it was wonderful and healthy.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Boots n Kimos is pretty blown out. On the same side of the street there’s a Kono’s where I’ll get a breakfast wrap. Last time I was at Konos there was a line waiting for the vegan bakery to open next door. My non-PC thought was those fat folks aren’t going to enjoy those dry looking offerings. But they’ll tell everyone it was wonderful and healthy.
That bakery is only open 3 days a week and still got lines for 30 plus minutes.

Tried to go once. Got there at 730 and there was about 10 people on front of me. Then I realized it opened at 8 and they’re waiting for it. Madness

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles and teeroi

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
don't understand Purve
kind of like the nuevo cupcake phenomena
Mr Donut on Hotel and Bishop across Longs for a morning donut or maple bar fix (cuban/south american owner I think) or Baker Dudes on Alakea but they open too late for me.

sitting on the veranda at the moana watching tourists while waiting for your car is fun or high tea on the makai side.

218972314_10165635735995230_1349563226217177436_n.jpg

222134378_3997628340348445_3582424105900973346_n.jpg

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
How's this... Don Quijotes at around 11:30/noon for sushi and miso butterfish
While visiting my folks, took my daughter there about a dozen times. Dad's office used to be right near there, and used to cruise the Holiday Mart before it became Quijotes. Like teeroi said, always interesting people watching :roflmao:in East Koreamoku.

• Haha
Reactions: teeroi