Hawaii- Done

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
You guys should get the shingles vaccine.

The covid vaccines are little baby vaccines in comparison.

Yuuuuuuuup...THAT ONE kiked my A$$$!!!..hard!....but gettting the shingles cam be WAY WORSE...i got a friend got shingles a couple years ago went blind in oneeye...another guy got it in his inner ear and screwed up his balance...vertigo and nasuea 24/7...room always spinning even when hes sitting down...cant ever drive a car again and surfing is out of the question :drowning:

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
we had a year to figure this out
and we didn't

the solution everywhere in the US and maybe the world
is vaccines
although they may just be a temporary panacea depending on variants
our new condom (versus a mask)

it's too hard for the modern "connected" person to maintain a longview
everyone wants something now
tomorrow is someone else's problem

i always listen to Oneulas posts....hes been around ....seen some things...KNOWS some stuff:waving:

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
I don't understand why you wouldn't want a vaccine.

A couple of my wife's family started posting on social media how they made the decision to not vaccinate. First off, no one asked you and no one cares. Second, I'm sure you're 2.0 high school GPA from 25 years ago really made you an expert on vaccinations. They can barely spell at the elementary school level and I'm expected to believe them when they tell me they did their "research". We're fucked as a country. Everything has become a game for social media clout.

HAHA...but they went to YouTube University and Google College...soooo thats somehow makes them smarter than everyone that progressed beyond 10th grade math

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Is it fair to say that Hawai'ians have an "honor/shame" culture? You have some way of collectively making a decision, then once it's made you pile-on (shame) the people who don't go along? I am not trolling. I am an arm chair anthropologist.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Is it fair to say that Hawai'ians have an "honor/shame" culture? You have some way of collectively making a decision, then once it's made you pile-on (shame) the people who don't go along? I am not trolling. I am an arm chair anthropologist.
Don't want to speak to Hawaiian culture, but the Asian cultural influence definitely puts the honor/shame thing into play, huge.

** this is my opinion, not advice**

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I was shot-at in Westwood. Fortunately, the loads were bird shot, the pattern was not tight, and the glass between me and the shot was tempered.

I've also been pink-bellied and wet willied numerous times but never wedgied thank God.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
here we go with the thread derailment again.

try fully auto machine guns pulled, pointed at you and safeties off at every traffic stop for a hundred Alex.

Back to the O.P.

I dream of one day coming out to the Hawaiian archipelago, visiting each one, meeting as many of you as are willing to share a beer, a sunset and maybe a paddle out if the ocean permits.

Also, should I do so, learning about the local culture, food and customs would be the sole purpose of my trip.

Respect Island Brothers from another Island mother!

:bowdown:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
it's small place
and there's allot of really good peeps here
also everyone I've meet thru this place has been wonderful and great

we share what we have with friends and strangers
and help out when and how we can
that's what aloha is
sharing or caring without having to or being asked

we can still dream that one day every one would live the same
that's why we do it
because we believe that if we do
it will spread

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wife had to return some stuff to Nordstrom, so I stopped by HIC Surf to look at boards/fins. While I was in there, I overheard a guy telling a sales clerk that he got his roundtrip ticket from SD to HNL for $179. That's the visitors we're getting.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
Wife had to return some stuff to Nordstrom, so I stopped by HIC Surf to look at boards/fins. While I was in there, I overheard a guy telling a sales clerk that he got his roundtrip ticket from SD to HNL for $179. That's the visitors we're getting.
be thankful they still cant pile in the car with all their sh!t and be recreating out front within a couple 3 hour drive. because thats the visitors we get

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
..... he got his roundtrip ticket from SD to HNL for $179. That's the visitors we're getting.
^^^ that's a HUGE problem right there. 'bottom of the barrel".

out here, we had to sit by and "applaud" when the island president (we have one, then three islands have another, then there's the one for all the archipelago, who is under the one from Madrid, who responds to the one from The Hague) stood there at a press conference about tourism and inform us that in order to bring "quality" tourism from the U.K. we'd have to subsidize part of their plane fares!!??!!??

Yeah, cause those are the ones that leave money behind, the ones who cannot afford the plane fare to get here.... :socrazy::crazy2::shameonyou::loser::foreheadslap::monkey:

as far as Aloha, and the practice of spreading it by example, that's karma, or the dao.

I wish Hawaii well with that. The Canaries have been repeatedly raped, plunded and pillaged thanks to their "everyone welcome here".

I practice the same form of life, but harvest no illusions of the knuckle dragging cadre becoming enlightened within my lifetime, irregardless of how much the see it, are presented with it and on ocasion even have it "spread upon them".

Mostly, my experience? The "best of the bunch" offer you their credit card... no lie, cross my heart and hope to die if untrue, I have had it happen to me.

Saved a dude's wife from drowning, drove them to the hospital 2 hours away back then in the south of the island (oniy one with hyperbaric chamber, which luckily wasn't needed)... When I told the guy "pay it forward" (even explaining what I meant, no pay me now, just be kind to someone down the road and that's payment enough for me) guy deer in the headlights pulls out his wallet, offers me his M/C. What can you do? I know you're gonna find it hard to believe, given my "track record" with cc's... I just shrugged, gave up, turned and went home.

Sometimes, they just do not get "IT".

Aloha!

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
the government can't
private industry on the other hand

they seemed to get away with it regarding mandatory and spontaneous drug tests
Everytime I'm at the kaiser lab for a blood test, half the people there are getting employer mandated drug tests.

That's why the labs are doing such good business pre-covid
Covid tests are another gold mine for certain industrys

but employer insurance liability and workplace safety may drive some of these changes everyone is thinking the government's going to do. I view vaccine travel passports kind of like Kama'aina discounts here, we seem okay with that.

Might be a good way to:
1: allow you to stay a remote worker
2: allow your employer to raise your health insurance plan rates as a higher risk individual
No bleepin way am I taking an unapproved "medicine". Espcecially one that doesn't even appear to change anything. Is anybody with the "vaccine" not wearing face diapers?

Reactions: doc_flavonoid

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
While I was in there, I overheard a guy telling a sales clerk that he got his roundtrip ticket from SD to HNL for $179. That's the visitors we're getting.
Airfare to Hawaii for $179?

Sounds like a smart visitor to me.

I always take advantage of cheap airfare. Who doesn't?