Hawaii- Done

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Yep already seeing it here on Maui. I trannied 10 years ago to HI. So I'm just as guilty, but with island travel including 2 week quarantine for months now what I've seen are more dealer/paper plates and new faces in my small little towns on the north shore.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOLOLOLOL

"The air is smokey here today and Cabo's closed. What do you have in a 3 or 4 bedroom with a view?"
"Shoots, well, got some ting lidat...."
"I'll take it. Routing number?"

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
If you are from SF and buy something sight unseen in my neighborhood... you are in for a surprise. The three families at the end of the street that are all intermarried/related and block the road with massive trucks while they drink beer? Yeah, they aren't moving. Best grab some beers and a chair and enjoy the evening! The fireworks show starts at midnight! :roflmao:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
If you are from SF and buy something sight unseen in my neighborhood... you are in for a surprise. The three families at the end of the street that are all intermarried/related and block the road with massive trucks while they drink beer? Yeah, they aren't moving. Best grab some beers and a chair and enjoy the evening! The fireworks show starts at midnight! :roflmao:
:roflmao: Make them Primos! It’s a mad world out there. They’re just gonna have to get used to the roosters.

YeahNo

OTF status
Jan 20, 2017
Kelly's Cove
I grew up in the North East, but have lived in the South East, the Pacific North West, the Rocky Mountains, and California. In all of those places, there were very few people that lived there who grew up there. I don't think I ever cared where my neighbors were from as long as they were cool. I feel bad for people who are really just seeking out a better work-life balance and get sh!t on for it.

Funny, whenever I'm in Hawaii I always seem to come across locals that try to give me the local discount. I'm white, but my wife is Japanese, so perhaps that's my way in :shaka:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Being from Hawaii and having lived in LA for college for 4 years, I'll give my perspective on why this won't work out for CA people:

- Island Fever. It's real if you aren't from here.
- Buying a home sight unseen is PSYCHO.
- Time zones. 3 hours behind PST and 6 behind EST. Sounds minor, but over time it's irritating trying to do business with remote offices 3/6 hours ahead.
- No materialism here. The richest people I know drive CRV's/Camrys. Nobody gives a sh!t about a Range Rover. You will be ostracized by locals in your lululemon,$80 tshirts, apple watches, patagonia bubble jackets.
- No value in RE. Everything is overpriced and 50 years old and salt water is eating everything.
- No Mexican food. No burritos and no taquerias. For real. You cannot get a decent burrito anywhere. It's a fcking problem.
- It's pretty boring out here if you don't surf, fish, hike, swim, beach, etc. I guess you could golf but it's so damn hot.
- You will get passive aggressively checked here. LIke Jamesgang said. Mokes will park a lifted tacoma 2" from your driveway to see if you say something. If you do, you're out. If you don't, cool. If you bring a cold pack and a chair, you're family.
- Locals will stare at you all the time, you will have no anonymity.
- Your kids, who will not be local (skin color doesn't matter, we all know) will get checked HARD at school. They will come home crying. I think it actually builds character, my nieces (who are local but look white) used to get checked and hated it. Then they started standing up for themselves and getting in kids faces. Now they have tons of friends.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Being from Hawaii and having lived in LA for college for 4 years, I'll give my perspective on why this won't work out for CA people:

- Time zones. 3 hours behind PST and 6 behind EST. Sounds minor, but over time it's irritating trying to do business with remote offices 3/6 hours ahead.
- No materialism here. The richest people I know drive CRV's/Camrys. Nobody gives a sh!t about a Range Rover. You will be ostracized by locals in your lululemon,$80 tshirts, apple watches, patagonia bubble jackets.
- No value in RE. Everything is overpriced and 50 years old and salt water is eating everything.
- No Mexican food. No burritos and no taquerias. For real. You cannot get a decent burrito anywhere. It's a fcking problem.
- It's pretty boring out here if you don't surf, fish, hike, swim, beach, etc. I guess you could golf but it's so damn hot.
- You will get passive aggressively checked here. LIke Jamesgang said. Mokes will park a lifted tacoma 2" from your driveway to see if you say something. If you do, you're out. If you don't, cool. If you bring a cold pack and a chair, you're family.
- Your kids, who will not be local (skin color doesn't matter, we all know) will get checked HARD at school. They will come home crying. I think it actually builds character, my nieces (who are local but look white) used to get checked and hated it. Then they started standing up for themselves and getting in kids faces. Now they have tons of friends.
Sounds like here but with better surf and weed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. This will be an enormous character-building experience for people from the Land of the Fruits, Nuts and Flakes who think they're smarter, better and more progressive than everyone else. Do not fail to educate them.

You all should start making money on both ends: selling houses to Californians for 30% over ask and buying it back from them for a discount when your uncles and cousins scare them out. Wash, rinse, repeat.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Careful - erBB is fully on the "anti bullying" bandwagon.

Reactions: Ifallalot

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
I grew up in the North East, but have lived in the South East, the Pacific North West, the Rocky Mountains, and California. In all of those places, there were very few people that lived there who grew up there. I don't think I ever cared where my neighbors were from as long as they were cool. I feel bad for people who are really just seeking out a better work-life balance and get sh!t on for
youre not alone, most trannies are oblivious to what locals think. from my experience those from the ne really dont give 2 fuks