Hawaii- Done

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
While visiting my folks, took my daughter there about a dozen times. Dad's office used to be right near there, and used to cruise the Holiday Mart before it became Quijotes. Like teeroi said, always interesting people watching :roflmao:in East Koreamoku.
And you can ride the bus there from Waikiki. My wife's aunt said, "You rode on the bus??? What is that like?"

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I thought Korea-moku was famous for something else?
and they've got the best food/pupus in those places too if you're in with the mama sans

CGs (now closed) in the Hawaiian Electric building was my go to for lunch - mini boneless chicken with mac salad
the food places in the Remington Building on Bishop/Hotel were good too
but now it's mostly marukai or driving around nimitz/kapalama like Ahi/Veg

latest cheap in lots for the tourist crowd

Wow Mufi letting loose

Hawaii not done.. you go girl

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004

this same scenario is about to explode across the whole country as the eviction moratoriums end.
People been spending the relief checks on "goodies" instead of preparing for all the back rent soon to be due
gonna be a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: PJ and bluemarlin04

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
You can already see the real estate market dropping fast and homes no longer selling for some crazy amount over asking. I'm interested to see how many "remote" workers will be called back to the office. There were a lot of Hawaii transplants who teleworked full time during the pandemic but it seems most companies aren't ready to go full virtual.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I am interested too to see how the real estate market plays out in the next year.

I don't see oahu dropping but do see possibly a flat line or stall.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I also think the eviction moratorium expiring will be a factor. IMO, a lot of owners been waiting to kick people out and sell in this blazing hot market. Inventory should increase.
It is kind of noticeable on windward side already. At one point any home listed was immediately under contract for over asking for 100s of thousands over.

Now they only go for 50k over lol

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Ruger is kinda sketchy to me. It’s too hot in there and I don’t trust the fish if the AC isn’t running.

Pipeline bakery is better than Leonard’s anyway and 5 min up the street. Only thing is they don’t have cinnamon. Hawaii, fcking done.
Wait. What you doing in Ft. Ruger, if you’re vegan? Pickled onions and tofu poke? FYI imitation crab poke is made with fish not veggies.

• Haha
Reactions: bluemarlin04

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
i go in there to buy wax or boiled peanuts but doesn’t it seem sketchy that the AC isn’t on??
Haha. No as long as the cooler is cold where the fish is kept. And the hot table is hot where the Lau Lau, kalua pig is kept. There used to be the big guy with glasses and a hairy back that used to work there. He was super sketchy all sweaty and gross. Stopped going there for a bit when he was working there. This was years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1