Hawaii- Done

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii

False cracks and no charges. Hawaii - Not done.

• Love
Reactions: bluemarlin04

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Beach was a zoo yesterday. Some moke braddahs had a tent setup and one was blackout drunk and starts acting up and calling out tourists and a family of military people enjoying the beach. Then braddah man took a roll in the water like a dead seal and I thought he would drown. The tourist and military were all horrified. Locals thought to themselves just another day in Hawaii.

I'm actually surprised cops aren't patrolling the beaches and ticketing people for alcohol at this point due to all the fights and brawls that seem to happen every 3 day weekend.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Beach was a zoo yesterday. Some moke braddahs had a tent setup and one was blackout drunk and starts acting up and calling out tourists and a family of military people enjoying the beach. Then braddah man took a roll in the water like a dead seal and I thought he would drown. The tourist and military were all horrified. Locals thought to themselves just another day in Hawaii.

I'm actually surprised cops aren't patrolling the beaches and ticketing people for alcohol at this point due to all the fights and brawls that seem to happen every 3 day weekend.
Are there a lot of rescues due to alcohol? I saved a drunk guy in a Tijuana wetsuit in 55 degree water one time. When I got to him, he was trying to keep his pants up rather than swim. When I got him to the beach I finally figured out he'd been drinking and asked him if he had then he tried to fight me after I'd just saved his life.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Don't know about rescues. Probably.

There are a ton of beach brawls that seem to breakout every three day weekend. The Kaneohe bay sandbar used to have huge ragers until legit riots started to happen. Now they patrol the area and ticket alcohol use on three day weekends.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina

False cracks and no charges. Hawaii - Not done.
At first I was like, "Yeah Maui, way to stay derel." Guy probably stepped out of line with his driving or mouth at a localish spot. Then I got to the part where the punch took place in Wailea and was over a $60,000 wedding tab.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Hey Oahu guys (Kauai or BI too), you got any state beaches with lifeguard towers? Are they back to being staffed? Big Beach Makena on Maui had another fatal and it's like the 3rd one I've heard about in the last couple months and south swell season has only just started. Super dangerous shorebreak and a large pay parking lot that's basically an invitation to tourists. Still no lifeguards even though all the county lifeguard towers stayed staffed all through Covid.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Hey Oahu guys (Kauai or BI too), you got any state beaches with lifeguard towers? Are they back to being staffed? Big Beach Makena on Maui had another fatal and it's like the 3rd one I've heard about in the last couple months and south swell season has only just started. Super dangerous shorebreak and a large pay parking lot that's basically an invitation to tourists. Still no lifeguards even though all the county lifeguard towers stayed staffed all through Covid.
The only state parks on Oahu I can think of on Oahu with lifeguard towers are Hanauma and Waimanalo Bay. They both use city and county lifeguards. Waimanalo Bay "Sherwoods" was locked up for a short time but had lifeguards when they opened. Hanauma Bay was locked down longer. They wouldn't dare open Hanauma without lifeguards, we would lose 50 tourists a day.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
yup
they opened up beach camping permits again
every beach from now on will be a blahlah family homeless shelter on long weekends like before where poor locals try to take back the beach in their own way blocking out other locals. Kamehameha Day and Fourth of July are going to be a mess. Ala Moana park and Kapiolani will start to become weekend tent cities again too.

I never go to the beach on a 3 day weekend when my whole home beach (Haubush Park) is nothing but tents, cars/trucks and sanicans on trailers. Full of people I don't even recognize who don't live near or respect the beach they are "taking over" for their "fun". Kind of like what happened to the sandbar. In the 70's we used to surf ski the bay (ski on our short boards) and stop at the bar to rest.

A bunch of surfer friends got cut by all the fishing lines in the surf zone yesterday. That's another growing problem. I guess people don't know how to either lay paipai net or dive for what they need, but rather throw a line out and drink beer all day "hoping". The worse part is that they are using drones now to take their lines way outside farther than they could cast creating surfing hazards.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: potato-nator and PJ

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I just hope people get smart and stop getting too drunk on the beach and starting fights. I'm not the fun police, but people should be mindful and not go starting fights cause they no can handle alcohol.

Keep it up and the few people who can't handle will ruin it for everyone.

Reactions: Boneroni