Hawaii- Done

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Nice new bump of NW energy, Sunset was long period and low tide this morning and I pulled back on a couple very scary waves
Sounds like a better strat than going (over the falls) anyway, getting drilled to the bottom, pushing up off the reef, taking three more to the dome and then paddling in. Thankful no wana, but probably my shortest session all year. :drowning:

Find me out at pua'ena rest of the week :ROFLMAO:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Outsiders love to tell Hawaiians what is and isn't localism or why there shouldn't be localism.
Also what words we should and shouldn't use. And how we should or shouldn't behave towards tourists.
Also when and how we should show Aloha Spirit. Also how we should or shouldn't report wave size lol.
yup

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
There's no arguing with vaccine deniers, will always find internet facts' posted by fellow consipracy nutz to back their whack...

down here in the real deal, however, facts actually matter...such as the virus will continue to mutate as it laps around the world, each new wave tweaked from the latest geography it swept through...Covid meets HIV, Ebola, Marburg (look it up), Hantavirus, Influenza, etc etc

Bottom line...annual vaccine boosters, hopefully tweaked appropriately, as the WHO, CDC and NIC play whack a mole in the labs..

vaccine deniers that are transplants living in HI? Putting their 'me first' ahead of the safety of the born there residents who are their hosts?...douchebags all

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Outsiders love to tell: {snip} ~ how we should or shouldn't report wave size lol.

too funny!
my ol' DeWALT tells me that a foot is a foot, hahaha,
DeWALT~01.JPG
no mater how ya Hawaiian'z wanna tell us scared Mainlander's what it is,
"it's only 2' ft, bra, you can make the paddle out"!
hehehe!
:p

ps ~ that ol' GTE Building,
located at 100 Wilshire + Ocean in Doggie-Town,
seen in the back~round above, it's the highest buildin' seen along L.A.'s coastline,
it is 21 stories tall, err, make that 300 ft' tallll...
you'd call it, what, 50' foot?
hahaha...
:LOL:

Pss ~ speakin' of The Islands,
well i could really go for a Maui, wellll done, endless fries too from Islands, here in L.A. right 'bout, NOW!
Islands~Maui.jpg
it'd be soooo yummy in me tummy, you know it!
:cheers:

psss ~ how'z that kid of yourz comin' along "in thee oven"?
should be done soon, no?
rw
:jamon:
:waving:

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Outsiders love to tell Hawaiians what is and isn't localism or why there shouldn't be localism.
Also what words we should and shouldn't use. And how we should or shouldn't behave towards tourists.
Also when and how we should show Aloha Spirit. Also how we should or shouldn't report wave size lol.
Was going to respond to @SurfFuerteventura but this sums it up better then anything.

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
hey man,
question for ya, if your name last name is real Hawaiian,
instead of some white~boy or hispanic transplanted deriverative, ok?
Would you luv The Hawaiian Islands to succeed from U.S.A.,
like Great Britain did, from Thee EU?
:shaka:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
too funny!
my ol' DeWALT tells me that a foot is a foot, hahaha,
View attachment 107834
no mater how ya Hawaiian'z wanna tell us scared Mainlander's what it is,
"it's only 2' ft, bra, you can make the paddle out"!
hehehe!
:p

ps ~ that ol' GTE Building,
located at 100 Wilshire + Ocean in Doggie-Town,
seen in the back~round above, it's the highest buildin' seen along L.A.'s coastline,
it is 21 stories tall, err, make that 300 ft' tallll...
you'd call it, what, 50' foot?
hahaha...
:LOL:

well i could really go for a Maui, wellll done, endless fries too from Islands, here in L.A. right 'bout, NOW!
View attachment 107839

should be done soon, no?
rw
Cheeseburger on a multigrain bun? What kind of nonsense is that :ban:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
too funny!

View attachment 107839

should be done soon, no?
rw
its hawaiian brah. you knows. 2ft with grilled pineapple

dsc_1187.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ~rwright~

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
View attachment 107839

should be done soon, no?
rw
Your Big Kahuna Burger has entered Samuel L Jackson's stomach's chat.

Followed shortly thereafter by your Sprite.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Kua Aina, in Haleiwa in the 80's was the best burger on the North shore. They also had another place open up on the mauka side of Fisherman's Wharf.

And on another note ... "Hawaiian's " get jiggy on the beach with the visitors on Maui.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
actually, if you reread my post, you will see that I am just pondering out loud. I don't tell you a thing about how to behave, who to be, nor how to measure your pepis - man parts.

my father, born back in the 30's, who was forced to emigrate because of the "local" dictator, you might have heard of him? Francisco Franco? Used to put people up against the wall, who were born here, but according to him, weren't "local enough". Then have someone else pull the trigger, and bulldoze the bodies into roadside ditches. Why hey, some "locals" are still finding mass graves today, in 2021!

And guess what? His monument to "death to all haole"? It's called "el valle de los caídos". The Valley of the Fallen? He even had them build a monastery and a huge church, for the "locals" who lived to go worship, while praying on marble slabs with literally tens, or hundreds, of thousands of bodies under? (There are two entrances to each side as you enter, with a sign above saying "here lie the fallen from X year to year Z" ... Too many to bother counting!) They're still arguing about tearing it down and giving the dead proper burials, not to mention, letting their families put the tragedies that haunt them still to this day, to rest.

So, dads told me all about how he, and his family, all born here, in the same area as the stupid "local" dictator, about how they were forced from their homes, had to eat bars of soap to fill their stomaches when they could find no food, etc...

Yeah you keep on keeping on thinking that a chunk of soil under your feet make you "special".

All I know is, racism is racism, no matter what you want to call it.

Try travel, it broadens the outlook when one sees EVERYWHERE ONE GOES, people are just people, trying to get along.

It's not about, us vs. you, or you vs. us.... It's that we all are being kept down and divided and made to hate the guy on the other side of the "imaginary line drawn in the sand".

Just putting it out there, in hopes it might open some people's eyes.

Again, be however you want and feel is right.

All I ask, is that you question any narrative that is "divisive" as it doesn't really further "our" cause much as a human race.

Dividi Vinci. Pitting us vs them. And in the meantime, while they argue amongst themselves, the top screws both sides of the bottom and thus keeps them down.

Localism?

It's 2021.

How much longer we fall for it! 3021?

Have a lovely day.

P.S. wave size here is same as Hawaii, everything is "medio metro" .... until it's not.

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
WOW!
Gnarl of a post!
SurfFuerteventura
:bowdown:

heya Shark~Biscuit!,
ya needz a clip, for it to be: for realz:
Your Big Kahuna Burger has entered Samuel L Jackson's stomach's chat.
Followed shortly thereafter by your Sprite.
hahahahaha!!!

ps ~ if we are alllll
related, from A God,
his o'spring, name of Cain, Abel, + that dude, name of Seth, i think~ie his name was,
at least as i remember it, from readin' a Bible in my tent in a yard across from Sunset Beach, NS,
@ Mick+Fiona's pad, where Darrick let me stay, well, we alllll be brothers, so to say, from another,
err, rightz?

some~times i am sooo black, that i wonder if i'm still white,
if you know of me, personally, seen me so, in this last week,
you'd know exactly what thee f**k i mean, hahaha!
what thee f**k am i, i some~times wonder, on soooo many different levelz,
could i too, a 'Venice' loc,
been a Hawaiian?!?

please take no offense, boyz or girlz,
this is just some more, of my rambled: "thoughts", ok?...
l8z, randy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Kua Aina, in Haleiwa in the 80's was the best burger on the North shore. They also had another place open up on the mauka side of Fisherman's Wharf.

And on another note ... "Hawaiian's " get jiggy on the beach with the visitors on Maui.

More of the same ole same ole... Even say it right there in the article... "Us vs. Them".

Divide and Conquer.

Juvenal coined the phrase, in his 11 satires, just under 150 AD.

still stumbling on the same block almost 2000 years later.

yeah, we evolve. :socrazy:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
you bozos sure know how to fkup a thread

when everyone is prejudiced against each other in some form or manner we reach equilibrium
"racism" becomes a "recognition" of the good and bad of each culture
we love and hate each other here with the same energy
so no one here is better than anyone else
we are all "local" no matter what race or culture you may be
You are either "local" (from here) or you are not.

So if you are not and just visiting temporarily or for a longer term, you should not be dictating to those that call this place their home for posterity i,e, the "locals", how they should live their lives or what should be built on their "home" land. You make this place your home or you enjoy your stay and go back "home" without messing up ours.

The disrespect to these islands has been endless and pervasive with no conscience to the destructful impact to the land, sea and especially the people.

We kill with aloha (kapu aloha) here
hopefully in the end let's hope it's not our aloha that has killed us off but sometimes for many it feels that way
We have our challenges but in general we try to aloha each other here as best we can because we are all we have as an island community of interwoven multigenerational families
Unfortunately the rest of the world doesn't get this concept of aloha and most likely never will

Hopefully the "locals" will understand the beauty of what we are when we "live aloha"
I'm sure the "non-locals" will just make more wise*ss remarks
And that's what's killing the aloha here, the snideness and greed