Hawaii- Done

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Brah, I have not seen Dave in so long but he's is one of the coolest. Always thought he surfed like Tom Carroll.
Hope he's well. Good vibes with that guy. I also haven't surfed your guys spot in probably a decade so that's why.
Yep Dave is actually too nice I scold him for talking to the donkey blow-ins. He still talks sh*t when they can’t hear.

One day years ago we surfed in the afternoon at “our” spit. It was pumping and offshore. Maybe 8 plus waves in a set with 6 guys out. Roadblock fades Dave twice on overhead nuggets.

When I go in Dave is a few beers deep and asks me which is Roadblocks truck. I’m at my special parking so I’m not by the beach access parking. I go why. Dave is angry drunk. He goes I’m gonna slash that f*ckers tires. I tell him he’s a roofer look for roofing tools in the back. Luckily Roadblock beat Dave to his truck or it would’ve been ugly. Dave is shorter and smaller than me and Roadblock is moke sized.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
roadblock only SUPs now
nearing mid 60s but still younger than me
don't know if it's better as he's been known to use his paddle on the heads of those who drop in

roadblock in 2013
roadblock.JPG

Last edited:

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Had my last surf session yesterday afternoon at gas chambers, the first wave I surfed when I moved to the north shore. Things went a little better this time than that inaugural session, I wasn't scared, didn't bounce off the reef, and actually manage to make a wave.

I was definitely hoping to roll the dice at Sunset one more time. catch one deep, race past the crowd on the bowl and hang on by a thread through the inside in to the channel. Playing that slot machine always scared me, but the few times it all worked out were memorable.

Won't lie, this winter was disappointing, and has helped take some of the sting off of leaving. It's also made me realize that what actually makes Hawaii special is the people. Love Hodel got me to go on my first proper wave at the west bowl. Uncle Chuck handed me to date the best wave of my life like it wasn't a thing to him. Many thanks to Willy Asprey, Jake DiPaola and the rest of the sunset point crew who have shown me a thousand acts of kindness over the years. The North Shore is an incredible group of people, if there was nothing else to recommend the place they would still be enough. It breaks my heart to leave, but new beginnings are exciting.

Aloha

Last edited:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Had my last surf session yesterday afternoon at gas chambers, the first wave I surfed when I moved to the north shore. Things went a little better this time than that inaugural session, I wasn't scared, didn't bounce off the reef, and actually manage to make a wave.

I was definitely hoping to roll the dice at Sunset one more time. catch one deep, race past the crowd on the bowl and hang on by a thread through the inside in to the channel. Playing that slot machine always scared me, but the few times it all worked out were memorable.

Won't lie, this winter was disappointing, and has helped take some of the sting off of leaving. It's also made me realize that what actually makes Hawaii special is the people. Love Hodel got me to go on my first proper wave at the west bowl. Uncle Chuck handed me to date the best wave of my life like it wasn't a thing to him. Many thanks to Willy Asprey, Jake DiPaola and the rest of the sunset point crew who have shown me a thousand acts of kindness over the years. The North Shore is an incredible group of people, if there was nothing else to recommend the place they would still be enough. It breaks my heart to leave, but new beginnings are exciting.

Aloha
Bummed we never got to hook up, but really stoked you got to enjoy the place and meet all those fantastic people you mentioned. All the best in your new adventure and come back soon! All the same faces will be doing all the same things haha

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
TELEVISION SERIES FEATURING WILD DAYS AND SULTRY NIGHTS OF NORTH SHORE LIFEGUARDS AND SURFERS GREENLIT BY FOX!
“In a recent sit down with the West Australian in which Logan spoke of “bringing the razzle-dazzle” back to surfing and said, “The real key for us is keeping in mind that the media part of this is the vehicle by which we connect the fans to the sport. That for me is what really excites me.”

Thank heavens! I have really missed the razzle dazzle!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
“In a recent sit down with the West Australian in which Logan spoke of “bringing the razzle-dazzle” back to surfing and said, “The real key for us is keeping in mind that the media part of this is the vehicle by which we connect the fans to the sport. That for me is what really excites me.”

Thank heavens! I have really missed the razzle dazzle!
P. T. Barnum strikes again.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
  • Haha
Reactions: Sharky and CutnSnip