Hawaii- Done

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have to take a class in Honolulu July 18-22. Tax payer funded boondoggle coming up. Plenty of time to surf before and after class. Yew!

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I had a dream I knocked down half my house to increase my yard size.

Has anyone actually done something like that? I’m actually pretty curious.

I got 12000 sf so having more yard would be pretty epic considering most places around do not.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I had a dream I knocked down half my house to increase my yard size.

Has anyone actually done something like that? I’m actually pretty curious.

I got 12000 sf so having more yard would be pretty epic considering most places around do not.
12000 sf is a pretty decent lot size, especially in a pricey district.

Right before I closed on my current home, I had a dream that my house was 7 stores tall but only one smallish room per floor :drowning:

Reactions: bluemarlin04

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
The parking in honolulu is the stressful part for me.

Driving in it is easy if you grew up here and know which streets which
When I go into Town for the day I pay to park in the garage of one of the hotels a couple blocks mauka from the beach. Can't remember the names but there's a few that allow paid, non-guest parking. Easy, not too expensive, keeps car & boards out of the sun, and not many people walking by so can change clothes next to the car multiple times during the day/evening.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
When I go into Town for the day I pay to park in the garage of one of the hotels a couple blocks mauka from the beach. Can't remember the names but there's a few that allow paid, non-guest parking. Easy, not too expensive, keeps car & boards out of the sun, and not many people walking by so can change clothes next to the car multiple times during the day/evening.
I know hale Koa got parking if you’re gov employee.
Anyone ever done it? My friend said he parks there to surf 3s

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I know hale Koa got parking if you’re gov employee.
Anyone ever done it? My friend said he parks there to surf 3s
I have.

It was easier when they had an attendant there in order to validate that you're military. Non military rate is super expensive. If no one is on duty then you need to stop at the bar at hale koa, buy a drink, and get validation before leaving.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Thinking of travelling or moving to Hawaii? Don't.

"For those looking to Hawai’i for a tropical getaway, Native Hawaiian Lily Hi'ilani Okimura has a message: please don’t come"

https://mymodernmet.com/lily-hiilani-okimura-hawaii-tourism/
Really? That ought to stop them then, huh?

Problem with messages like this on social media networks is the following: it will only deter the kind of tourism Hawaii actually wants, and encourage the kinds you do not want even if you have the infrastructure and benefit from their money spent.

:shameonyou:

Think about it for a second, whose going to take heed of that message?

The polluter ass hole two wrists what litter and don't care about natives, or the eco conscious responsible ones that actually do care?

:socrazy::computer::unsure:

Reactions: JSC

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Thinking of travelling or moving to Hawaii? Don't.

"For those looking to Hawai’i for a tropical getaway, Native Hawaiian Lily Hi'ilani Okimura has a message: please don’t come"

https://mymodernmet.com/lily-hiilani-okimura-hawaii-tourism/
I think this must be a manifestation of "peak overtourism" - where people say and do things that even they know are not in their best economic interests, but they say and do them anyway.

If her grasp of economics is anything like her fashion sense, she doesn't know what she's on about.

• Love
Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
So that article, once you get beyond the native Hawaiian stuff, is a bunch of typical complaints about tourism you would hear anyplace where a tourism economy rules. And funny her insta shows mucho pictures of her being a tourist on the mainland.
Yea don’t come here but let me go to Disneyland the number 1 tourist destination. Smh.

Ok for her to be a tourist but no one else

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
Yea don’t come here but let me go to Disneyland the number 1 tourist destination. Smh.

Ok for her to be a tourist but no one else
I was not going to even read what she wrote, but your comment had me open it up to see what she had to say. Pretty much an oblivious hypocrite. Waiting to see a follow up piece where she justifies herself being a "tourist" herself. Showed my wife and all she could do was shake her head and ask how many of her family has employment directly or indirectly tied to the travel industry. If she is from West Maui, not much else besides the travel industry, unless you work for the City and County.