Hawaii- Done

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Why everyone hate on Laird?

also how do we feel about Garret McNamara?
I've been in the line-up a few times with Garret and have never seen a problem with him other then he'll ride a SUP at crowded Laniakea but he doesn't get overly greedy. At the outer reefs back in the small crowd days he would sit in the pack and talk story but mostly I would run into him at real obscure spots were he would be surfing or towing solo. If he was towing he'd move on when I showed up. I once asked a low key sponsored big wave surfer what he thought about all of Garret's hype and he said that it was great for the sport.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
View attachment 123590

Novelty sandbar / lagoon has shown up 5 minutes from my house. Pretty much empty every day. The grom loves it. Have met some chill, fellow new parents from the neighborhood there. Old timers say it only happens a couple times a decade. Hawaii not pau.
This spot is usually uncrowded year around , located just below a well known hike

IMG_1725.JPG

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
For the two above

Easy to get up before the roosters when you know its gonna be on.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
on my first surf trip my room had a tree-living rooster right out my window.
never - ever - had i experienced t h a t....:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Ah perfect! Ive surfed a few big swells on the NW wrap exposures of kauai, wasnt sure how generous the wrap would be. I'll be looking to surf something in the DOH range, nothing bigger (As Im there with the GF and she will probably freak out) I get there Friday so wish me luck!
How was the trip?

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
north shore is outta control...sunset contest is on....but...doesnt NOT look fun at all...just survival out there...

west side is maxing out too...

south shore is FIRING...threes was easy shoulder high and no crowd this morning

bunch of secret southwest spots are GOOD...but you gotta get invited and im dont know the right guys...

Reactions: nrthcty and mundus