Hawaii- Done

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
If you think those ads are bad take this trip down memory lane! I remember cringing at these back then.

Miss Hari's Kitchen and fishing show, though!
Nothing against minimum wage increases but the beginning commercial the dude clearly missed the part in school about correlation and causation.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
:roflmao:There's research??
Market Research is run by the young'inz @Pepsi doing Tik Tok ...
Yes, there had to have been. I represented Coca Cola for many decades. They did stupid sh!t, but mostly not without someone having told them what to do. I guarantee. Who knows what dipshit ad agency told Pepsi to do this.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
When Waikiki is done, Hawaii is done -

"For Downing, this so-called Queen’s Beach project — in which multiple entities clung to the status quo instead of looking at the bigger picture — is the kind of business-as-usual, quick-fix solution he believes is all too common in Hawaii and that has left the entire stretch of Waikiki Beach pockmarked with crumbling pieces of groins, walls, semi-exposed drainage pipes, century-old foundations and useless stairs — all eyesores on this once untouched land. “Nothing ever gets removed, and there’s no long-term vision,” he says. “We’ve got to start doing things differently.”

I told you it was ugly -

The fat German haole lady has the best ideas how to fix the disaster that is Waikiki.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/01/28/waikiki-hawaii-beach-climate-change-525266

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When Waikiki is done, Hawaii is done -

"For Downing, this so-called Queen’s Beach project — in which multiple entities clung to the status quo instead of looking at the bigger picture — is the kind of business-as-usual, quick-fix solution he believes is all too common in Hawaii and that has left the entire stretch of Waikiki Beach pockmarked with crumbling pieces of groins, walls, semi-exposed drainage pipes, century-old foundations and useless stairs — all eyesores on this once untouched land. “Nothing ever gets removed, and there’s no long-term vision,” he says. “We’ve got to start doing things differently.”

I told you it was ugly -

The fat German haole lady has the best ideas how to fix the disaster that is Waikiki.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/01/28/waikiki-hawaii-beach-climate-change-525266
Super interesting article. The fat German haole lady's ideas about the Ala Wai and the golf course are great and maybe doable, but the canal system would be incredbly expensive. And the idea that Mr. Waters has (buyout residential condos and turn the areas into wetlands) would cost tens of billions of dollars and probably bankrupt the state.

The fact is, there's never been any sand:

1643436243193.png

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
If they build even more unsightly groins and jetties - spending millions on each project - each hotel property will have a set of rocks defining their beach, their sand and how ugly is that going to be?

In any case, coastal armouring never works in the long term - the only viable long-term solution is natural sand replenishment. a la the Tweed River bypass sand pumping system on the Gold Coast in Australia.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
hmmmm starting to think I pretty much have to fly out a gun with this forecast....
Ah perfect! Ive surfed a few big swells on the NW wrap exposures of kauai, wasnt sure how generous the wrap would be. I'll be looking to surf something in the DOH range, nothing bigger (As Im there with the GF and she will probably freak out) I get there Friday so wish me luck!

Trip report? Still there?

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
How to move someplace and then win friends and influence people:

My girlfriend's girlfriends love swimming and sunning at Cliffhouse. She said they were all worked up about it and having a big party there Saturday so say FU to the guy. It was probably fun but the swell was pumping and the outer reefs had wind so I went kiting.

Edit: In before the, "You want to know how I know you're gay?" comments.

Reactions: steamroller

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
holy Sh!+ thats FUNNNY!!!....if you guys meet leland and his girlfriend and friends youll understand how funny that is
wind so I went kiting.

Edit: In before the, "You want to know how I know you're gay?" comments.

holy Sh!+ thats FUNNNY!!!....if you guys ever meet leland and his girlfriend and friends youll understand how funny that is :jamon:

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni and Subway