Hawaii- Done

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
is that what happened to Dane kealoha those many years ago?...surfed in an outside contest....
Yep. The Triple Crown and ASP(WSL at the time had a falling out). I think it had to do with ASP wanted to start in Hawaii and end in OZ. Which was what happened for a year or two. Dane came into the Hawaii leg with the points lead and was warned if he surfed the Triple Crown his points would be stripped. He surfed the Hawaii events and his points was taken away. I think Simon Anderson was in a similar position but he was mad at the Hawaii side cause he didn’t surf the TC and Hawaii was a strong leg for him.

I may be mistaken and would love learn the real reason.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
High surf warning today but there wasn't enough lifeguards to man all the towers. The tower at Laniakea was closed with plenty tourist with little kids playing in the shore break.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Hawaii is DONE, because Beach Grit says so.

Caution for the easily triggered: some quite racist comments in the comments section.

Beach Grit

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
That problem has been going on as long as people have been alive.

I don't think all of it is can be related to economic issues. Some people want to spread their wings. Imagine living your life in the small town you grew up in which is in the most isolated place in the world. It works for some and doesn't work for others.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
More corrupt politicians arrested by the FBI yesterday:
  • Former city Managing Director Roy Amemiya;
  • Ex-Honolulu Police Commissioner Max Sword;
  • And former Corporation Counsel Donna Leong, who was the city’s top civil attorney.
Suspected of paying off ex Police Chief Kealoha with "buyout payment" which might be hush money. What does Kealoha know??

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Roy Amemiya who is the cousin of Keith Amemiya who just almost won the mayoral race and is jumping in for Lt Gov.

The political machine in Hawaii keeps churning.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Feds just getting started, from what I hear. These are big arrests, but they know these aren't the ringleaders, and the alphabet agencies have a tendency to crawl up one's ass with a flashlight.

If the Kealohas would have just come up with a scheme that didn't involve a mailbox, the feds wouldn't even be here! Uncle and Auntie wen fuk up

Just surfed perfect glassy Sunset and got one wave before I got mowed and twisted my knee. So I'm done but Hawaii, yeah not done