Have you looked at your 401K today?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
To answer the OP's question, looks like I'm down 10%. Not worried in the least. Glad I get paid tomorrow and get to buy in at a discount :beer:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The S&P 500 rose, rising further after a 1.5% jump on Thursday. The Dow also built on Thursday's gains after new economic data Friday showed U.S. personal spending rose more than expected in January, even accounting for a surge in inflation.
BRANDON OWNS THIS

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So nobody here has a 401K or is honest to post how its been doing?
Most of us have most of our money in S&P 500 index funds and the like. What is even the fucking point? I am not sure how to plot a graph of my total account value in etrade. It's not like it's on the landing page of my dashboard. And I'm not bothering to do that for someone who is so deluded they won't even accept the most simple of concepts.

1. The average investor will be best served by investing in an S&P 500 index fund.
2. The S&P 500 is up since Biden took office even with the downturn/correction territory in the New Year.
3. This is incredibly easy for you to plot.

I don't get it. This is the erBB. Everyone took a sh!t on Subway's 3-series convertible because it's not a carbon fibre monocoque that rides like a skateboard. A fair few of us into fishing are lure/fly snobs to some non-zero degree. Don't even get us started on what surf is sufficient for a bump-squash thruster (any if there are no longboarders and other volume donkeys) and everyone is a crack sharpshooter who can shoot the wings off a fly.

The topic becomes investing, and a wide swath of people of various political inclinations goes "I AM A DUMB FUNBOARDER WHO WRAPS HIS LEASH AND WHO HAS SPENT MORE ON A CHANGING PONCHO THAN ON FINS IN 20 YEARS OF SURFING"

We volunteer that we're kooks and best off investing in a safe benchmark index, and the performance of that index is readily available to you, and you're incredulous.

"I SUCK AND I AM A DESK JOCKEY IN FLORIDA"
"Post picks of yourself doing airs at Pipe. Liar."
"I DON'T SURF PIPE AND I CAN'T DO AIRS. I STILL FEEL CLUMSY UNWINDING THE ROUNDHOUSE AND REALLY GETTING AFTER THE POCKET ON THE REBOUND."
"All I am asking for is an animated gif of the stalefish 720 you threw down at Jaws."
"SIR, I AM WORRIED ABOUT KEEPING MY SHOULDERS OPEN DOWN THE LINE INSTEAD OF PIROUETTING AND TOSSING PIZZAS ON THE VERT REO. NO AIRS ARE GOING DOWN."

Jesus H Christ. We're telling you we have training wheels and pink plastic streamers on the handlebars - the one time the erBB isn't entirely former winners of the Giro dItalia and Le Tour with two foot dicks. The one actually honest real thing is subject to disbelief.