Hate Crime Charges Brought Against Maui Individuals

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
WUT?? The dude was buying a house in a free market and in an American state--not forcibly occupying Poland or Czechoslovakia. He was not a Nazi looking for Lebensraum.

People in the continental United States move from state to state, all the time. They buy houses in all such states. On a daily basis. They have a legal and constitutional right to do so. I live in Florida, as do you. Do you grab shovels and bash in the skull of every guy from up north that buys in the neighborhood? Because if you did, you would be very busy.

I get that the the locals wish to preserve their culture. My family has been in Florida since the early 1800's, and we have watched one invasion after another from everywhere into this state. I have seen high rise condos go up on my favorite beaches. I didn't care for it.

But that is life. And the justification for this criminal, thug behavior by the Hawaiians and others on this thread is messed up beyond belief.

I guarantee if a white guy had done the same to some black guy or other ethnic group, the discussion here would have been very different.
The realtor/seller question GWS raised I thought was interesting. I thought the "Maui so Soviet" was hopefully a giveaway; seems like it wasn't, so stating it explicitly: that part of the post was a joke.

My family moved to Florida from Up North. I don't support what happened to this guy, and this type of thing is why, when my Mom moved to Hawaii and asked when I was visiting, I told her to pick somewhere between Vancouver and San Diego, and we'd visit. I support Hawaiian sovereignty, and I disapprove of Hawaiian statehood, and I think the contrast between Levi Straussolokoloa's vision of that Hawaii and Xi Jinping's vision of that Hawaii would be very educational for all concerned.

Reactions: racer1 and Clayster

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What's your favorite breed? I like Queensland heelers. (trying to derail further). Or, cultural anthropology, what's your favorite culture?

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
What's your favorite breed? I like Queensland heelers. (trying to derail further). Or, cultural anthropology, what's your favorite culture?

ddr's. i like the black ones. but im white... so im down with both cultures

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
The realtor/seller question GWS raised I thought was interesting. I thought the "Maui so Soviet" was hopefully a giveaway; seems like it wasn't, so stating it explicitly: that part of the post was a joke.

My family moved to Florida from Up North. I don't support what happened to this guy, and this type of thing is why, when my Mom moved to Hawaii and asked when I was visiting, I told her to pick somewhere between Vancouver and San Diego, and we'd visit. I support Hawaiian sovereignty, and I disapprove of Hawaiian statehood, and I think the contrast between Levi Straussolokoloa's vision of that Hawaii and Xi Jinping's vision of that Hawaii would be very educational for all concerned.
You make good points. Hawaii should peel off if it wants. I would support that. But I suspect that they would rather be in the union. I don't know. I do not know Hawaii. They should decide.

It they want to leave, they should do it--legally.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
but violence, vigilanteism and outright criminal thuggery is not a solution.
always said by the people with the money in their pockets marginalizing others and never suffering the same discrimination and overall poor treatment. Now that we stole everything from you, you need to play fair and be nice.

hows that saying go about we stole it fair and square ,...

people have myopic views.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
did someone say that on this thread ?

who was it ? i must’ve missed it. was it a few people ? i got the impression that there wasn’t much sympathy for the white dwid...

but it doesn’t say much that the five or six cretins (they couldn’t round up a dozen more?) had to use a shovel on the sissy. not enough “manly” fists/feet there ?

dug the 100 years of housing discrimination
reference though. righteous! rice dug it too.

congrats on figuring out a nice spot you could fit into though!

:shaka:

Why do you hate the people of Crete so much? Knossos is awesome.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Why do you hate the people of Crete so much? Knossos is awesome.
years ago, i hired a girl who had recently graduated pratt ( i would need to see proof that you actually graduated and weren’t expelled for behavioral reasons ).

she actually grew up on crete. we worked together for a few years, and she was a pretty good designer. eventually her parents got older and she moved back to athens and became a hotshot at foote, cone, belding.

i would always remind her what hemingway said about greece.

look it up.

:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
This thread has legs. I agree with the people who bought the house are idiots and i would blame the realtor as a soul less POS - as the vast majority are ... unless he made an effort to warn and dissuade the people from buying the home - which i doubt. That said - watching the video - if it had been me in the car there would have been several locals left on the ground with tire tread marks and various pieces of car bumper implanted in their skulls before i left that shithole of a community.