Hate Crime Charges Brought Against Maui Individuals

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Reminds me of a scene in the new Kevin Costner tv drama Yellowstone.

A wealthy transplant developer from CA gets killed over his plan to develop the local community. As he lay there dying he says to himself "I have a right to be here".
I saw that episode but never connected it to something like this - but it is the same in spirit - so I guess that Yellowstone episode is fairly instructive.

Reactions: speedtuck

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Reminds me of a scene in the new Kevin Costner tv drama Yellowstone.

A wealthy transplant developer from CA gets killed over his plan to develop the local community. As he lay there dying he says to himself "I have a right to be here".
The plot kind of loses it when the wealthy transplant developer is trying to move into a 170,000 dollar house with his uncle schlepping boxes up the stairs.

Now if his uncle is Rambo, now you've got something.

"Yo. Don't push it brah. Or I'll give you a war you won't believe."

:shaka:

Last edited:

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
CA real estate law requires the disclosure of just about everything a buyer should know on a house sale. I Don't know about there, but the broker should have informed them the situation.

Reactions: flyinraptr

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
yes, certain races just should NOT buy property where they are unwelcome!

oh, wait....

In other times I lived and worked in da 'hood so I'm pretty familiar with 'hood operations.

Once when on the outskirts of another 'hood with a friend of mine whose appearance was often described as super-Latino we crossed paths with a large black female who told us "Don't walk down that street...if they see two white boys down there they gon' cut you up. Booboo'll do it."

We heeded the warning and got through the afternoon unscathed. Only downside was never got to meet BooBoo.

Maybe this guy didn't know what he was dealing with. From the video and his supposed reason for buying the property it doesn't seem he was looking for trouble.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
In other times I lived and worked in da 'hood so I'm pretty familiar with 'hood operations.

Once when on the outskirts of another 'hood with a friend of mine whose appearance was often described as super-Latino we crossed paths with a large black female who told us "Don't walk down that street...if they see two white boys down there they gon' cut you up. Booboo'll do it."

We heeded the warning and got through the afternoon unscathed. Only downside was never got to meet BooBoo.

Maybe this guy didn't know what he was dealing with. From the video and his supposed reason for buying the property it doesn't seem he was looking for trouble.
Of course the guy didnt want trouble and he didn't deserve that.

That being said- got to use your brain.

I wouldn't go buy property in the barrio and move in.

Reactions: flyinraptr