Has pro surfing progressed at all since the 2011 Quiksilver Pro New York

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i think that was the year slater did a double spin air reverse
thought theyd be more common by now

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Quik Pro NY was the last time I tuned into a contest because that was the last one that lined up with my timezone

Ricknj

OTF status
Feb 29, 2008
nj
I'm talking about the level of surfing. If you'd like you can take the New York event out of the equation if the East Coast event bothers you and replace it with the 2011-2012 season as a whole. The whole scene along with the level of surfing has seemed to stagnate ever since. In that time period every webcast was a must see. There have been very few flashes since and the best surfing is happening off tour. Ask yourself, which are you looking forward to more: Mason Ho's next edit or the webcast of whatever contest the WSL has coming next.
Felipe Toledo at Jefferys Bay his performance either last year or the year before was insane !
Felipe has progressed the level of surfing was he around in 2011?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The peak of pro surfing was the Pipe contest when Machado and Kelly high fived

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
:ROFLMAO:

I actually loved the self titled album. No for bro reasons, but cause it's fun to sing along to his voice.
Oh me too. I really, really loved Sublime at one point in my life

My bros and I went up on a dad's trip to his cabin recently and we group-drunk-sang both albums and Secondhand Smoke

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Oh me too. I really, really loved Sublime at one point in my life

My bros and I went up on a dad's trip to his cabin recently and we group-drunk-sang both albums and Secondhand Smoke

sublime is legit. Dont listen to it anymore unless my shuffle catches it but for a bro brah OC/LB band they were unique, could write songs, and had alot of talent.

Reactions: jkb and Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Perhaps it was Bobby Martinez mocking pro surfing at the New York event that spelled the end. To me the New York event is just where it peaked (not saying it was the best event ever or the best waves) and its been a steady and accelerating downward spiral ever since. Another Kelly Wavepool event will right the ship though. :ROFLMAO: ;):ROFLMAO:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It was because Kelly rode a board with 5 !!! Fins ;-)
Erbb related because Kelly lost or broke a fin, and mentioned it on social media or something. One of the Long Beach ny erbbers, with a great fin collection, heard about it, contacted Kelly, and got him the fin he needed.
cowabunga
rg

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Erbb related because Kelly lost or broke a fin, and mentioned it on social media or something. One of the Long Beach ny erbbers, with a great fin collection, heard about it, contacted Kelly, and got him the fin he needed.
cowabunga
rg
cool story bro
cowabunga
rg