Has anybody tried True Ames Album Twin or RFC Fish Twin Fins?

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
What board(s) do you ride the Piggybacks in and How do you like them? I'm considering them for a roundtail twin I picked up used. Only ridden it once in small junky waves but could already tell the Akilas were too loose. Don't really want to buy another set of keels since all my twin keels are glass-ons.
It's for this board. The template is based off a Pod Mod that I loved as a 2+1. I wanted a pure twin version of it so shaped this one. I tried the Stussy's and they were too loose. I found the Piggybacks to have enough area and hold to feel confident in it. It's the best compromise of twin glide and pivot.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I've kinda settled into the Alkali "Ellis" twins, and I think a close second would be the Captain Fin "Tyler Warren Twin Especial," both have plenty of base/rake, and the tips are thin enough to release. I think I'm done buying (hoarding) twin fin sets for a while, hah! I do have a purple set of Jeff McCallum's and set of Jim Phillips for the Stretch 2winfish I've got coming.
Are the Ellis twins pretty unique feeling? I know he has them double foiled.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Be wary of NVS. I’ve ordered both futures and FCS from them, both had fin box fit issues. Had to sand down the fcs tabs, shim the futures tabs w tape just to get a snug fit. Their customer service is really good tho
True Ames have been great for me. I've tried to contact Fins Unlimited a few times but they never respond. Same goes for RFC.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Sick. I'm not a big fan of the black one with the huge Album logo on it.
I actually got em off Album's website but they're made by TA. I think TA was sold out of the black honeycomb ones at the time. But, +1 on great customer service from TA- their rep actually emailed me a few weeks later to tell me they had em back in stock.

also, I believe these are Futures equivalent of the MR:

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I actually got em off Album's website but they're made by TA. I think TA was sold out of the black honeycomb ones at the time. But, +1 on great customer service from TA- their rep actually emailed me a few weeks later to tell me they had em back in stock.

also, I believe these are Futures equivalent of the MR:
Sweet. Have you seen the new Album twins on True Ames? I wonder if Asher is surfing on them?

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
It's for this board. The template is based off a Pod Mod that I loved as a 2+1. I wanted a pure twin version of it so shaped this one. I tried the Stussy's and they were too loose. I found the Piggybacks to have enough area and hold to feel confident in it. It's the best compromise of twin glide and pivot.

Those boards look great. You say you shaped them yourself? Congrats.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I have seen them - the Gemini twins? Not sure about that, I thought maybe they were especially designed for the Townsend, but I dunno.
Yea the Gemini's...I don't know why they don't have more footage and explanation about their fins. It's like hey we made a new fin...it goes sick...buy it...